Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still trying to write the inventory for the workshop.

Many months ago I allocated a long 5mm hexagonal "T" key for each workbench and only now realised that what with replacement and using existing tools, every one is completely different.

I've also discovered that not one tool has "disappeared", even the spoke keys that we tend to carry about in our pockets. I had to replace some items, but they were worn out cheap tools, not deliberately damaged; the high quality replacements are going strong. Theft is always a concern in this sort of organisation so I'm pretty pleased about this.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
MrsPete is driving me into town today.
I did notice her flicking briefly through the Evel Knievel handbook before take-off....

MrsPete is driving me into town today.
I did notice her flicking briefly through the Evel Knievel handbook before take-off....

5,4,3,2,1 ...
Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 6.21.50 AM.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just overheard the boss mentioning he'd had a long email from a colleague about he needed to bring his bike into the office. They have been banned (only folders) due to an incident in another building. This person had also been rather 'rude' to our receptionist when asked not to bring it in. Anyway, I popped over and said 'it's not so and so' - checked and it was.

Chap concerned is saying it's the only way he can get in, and it's an expensive bike, can't afford a car etc, wouldn't have a way to get in if the bike was stolen. I added, he's got more than one bike, and there is not reason he can't use the cycle parking with a good lock. PS it's not that 'good a bike'. He's just an awkward sod.

The cycle storage is secure, and you just need a good lock.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My alarm is set for 02:50 for the next two days 😢

Warm, overcast and breezy here chez Casa Reynard.

Didn't have the best night's sleep (restless / overthinking / kept waking up). Have had a busy morning sorting out all the fruit and bread etc. Four loaves of the bread I bought are now in the freezer, the apples I picked yesterday have been put in a cardboard tray and added to the stack, and I've open frozen the blackberries so that they don't end up as a solid lump. Later, I will split them between two containers. I will make blackberry & apple jam with them, but at least now that they're frozen, they won't go t*ts up on me.

Also checked the apples I picked on Monday, and it's unsurprising that the Lord Peckovers (very early dessert apple) aren't keeping too well. Anything with the slightest bit of damage is already going shonky. I've already had to wang a couple, but the other damaged ones will be diverted into a large apple crumble so as not to waste what can be salvaged.

Also watered all the planters etc.

This afternoon's tasks will include a load of laundry, ironing my white coat and having a girly maintenance / pamper session.

Right now though, it is time for luncheon.

Top Bottom