Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Ive been busy answering all the questions the insurance company what answered. All the same info I've given umpteen times before.

I've had to request a bank statement as recent proof of address as officialdom never write to me any more. And what on earth do they need with my driving licence considering I don't need it to ride a bike.

I've also been given a date for yet another independent medical examination. I'm sure my ankle hasn't changed since the last one. I'm really fed up with all this now.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Nice little family get together this afternoon, especially as mum & stepfather were paying. A full house were present with my nephew making a rare effort to get out of bed before midday on a non-working day and my niece being home for a few days before she starts her Masters in Sheffield. Somehow we managed to make a three course lunch last for nearly three hours and no hurry from the pub/restaraunt to hurry us out.

I'm now packed for tomorrow's outing and have secured the rail tickets for the first of November's trips.

Fabby supper of an egg mayonnaise sandwich, followed by apple crumble and cream :hungry:

First crumble of the new season, made with Lord Peckover (dessert) and Jolly Miller (culinary) apples. Absolutely delicious. Didn't add anything to the fruit bar some sugar and cornstarch (to thicken the juices), because the apples just don't need it. Sometimes simplest really is the best.

I highly recommend both apple varieties. Being earlies they are not the best keepers, but the flavour is superb. Lord Peckover has a soft texture with a flavour that's very floral, almost rose-like, but that is balanced out by just the right amount of acidity. Jolly Miller is crisp, moderately sharp and quite sherbert-y in flavour. It keeps its shape when cooked, so would be good for fritters or normandy apple tart. The smaller fruit are sweet enough to eat as is if you are a fan of a sharpish apple.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My step granddaughter got good enough grades today to get her into the University of York. The odd thing, though, is that I don't think she's ever set foot in Yorkshire. She could have done far worse than York considering she's flying blind.

Meanwhile my mother seems to have taken up permanent residence on the 6th floor of Lewisham hospital. She's slowly but inexorably on a goodbye trajectory.

Had to forgo the pamper session earlier, but I *have* now washed my hair at least. Which now smells rather fetchingly of raspberry.

I actually prefer the scent of the coconut shampoo, but given that cats seem to be attracted to the aroma, I thought it best not to use it given that I am judging at a show on Saturday. I do not want to have however many "trainee hairdressers" I will have on my book rearranging my coiffure! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Suggestions please on what you think this is!
Found in a drawer, whilst clearing out an old house.
454471545_2196969747314462_324554073214096919_n.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
<yawn>

Top Bottom