Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm nearly up.

Georgie was acting normal this morning. He came in and had his wet breakfast, let me stroke him as he brushed past and lay down next to my feet whilst I had my porridge in the microwave. He even let me stroke him whilst he was paying down. He fished a toy from underneath the cooker and started playing with it . Then a loud bang from upstairs frightened him off.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain, rain and more rain but no wind. Still wet tho' and the forecast shows no improvement in the foreseeable future.
I remember not long after we arrived on Mull in 1972 that we had no rain for I think 13 weeks. This caused some problems but the distillery private dam which had been the town dam in the past was fed from a large area of peat bog and we managed by reducing the output till the weather changed.
This is an expensive month or two as I just had the AA wanting £250 and the house insurance is about the same plus an MOT which is an unknown quantity but hopefully nothing expensive.
I am still a member of some organisation which used to be the CTC and their subs are due soon as well and so it goes on.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a sunny, warm and breezy Suffolk. A very good night's sleep means that the first coffee of the day has only just been had.
It also means that I've got less time to sort things out for tomorrow's outing due to having to pick the oldies up for the meal with my sister later on.

In good news corner, the latest savings interest payment landed in my bank account this morning and will cover the cost of the new sofa & a recliner chair and leave just enough over to cover the next lot of rail tickets need which have just gone on sale

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@biggs682 Yes.. Hogs chose to live in our hog house where we used to live and they were regular foragers in our garden!
Where we are now has been a bit sparse for wildlife, though we now have herds of sparrows on suet fat-balls & quite a few goldfinches on the sunflower hearts.
It's nice to actually see a hedgehog and hopefully it will hibernate in the Hog House this winter. I'm dosing it with food at the moment so it knows where to go for a snack.. 👍

Top Bottom