Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Having breakfast mid-walk as always on a Saturday. Someone is sitting in my favoured window seat so I can't watch the carpark and laugh at people trying to park their huge SUVs.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Frost when I got up but the sunshine soon melted that off. Unfortunately the sunshine is not forecast to last long and by afternoon gales and rain starting.
Nothing planned but may go to the library.
I took a book last week by David Baladacchi and skimmed over the first chapter.
That was enough to convince me I was not going to bother reading any further. Should really have checked it before taking it out.
On the other hand I sometimes take books out purely to register some use of the place as the council would close it if it was not used enough and everybody would lose. The selection of books available is pretty dire and they now ignore any requests I make for books I might find interesting. The vast bulk of what is there is crime/romance fiction and I look more for non fiction travel type books. Having said that I like some fantasy ones like Terry Pratchett but the best ones of his are not there and never will be.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Frost when I got up but the sunshine soon melted that off. Unfortunately the sunshine is not forecast to last long and by afternoon gales and rain starting.
Nothing planned but may go to the library.
I took a book last week by David Baladacchi and skimmed over the first chapter.
That was enough to convince me I was not going to bother reading any further. Should really have checked it before taking it out.
On the other hand I sometimes take books out purely to register some use of the place as the council would close it if it was not used enough and everybody would lose. The selection of books available is pretty dire and they now ignore any requests I make for books I might find interesting. The vast bulk of what is there is crime/romance fiction and I look more for non fiction travel type books. Having said that I like some fantasy ones like Terry Pratchett but the best ones of his are not there and never will be.

I'm sure I've read some of his stuff. I thought they were ok.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I'm sure I've read some of his stuff. I thought they were ok.

Don't remember reading any in the past but the image of this one is not encouraging.
All American war hero beats up and kills machine pistol armed would be assassins with his bare hands. Goes on to emotional visit to other war hero high commander and told to investigate a murder of a top CIA boffin daughter of another war hero.
Even for fiction it is all a bit much. :eek:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where there's been attempts at sunshine, most of which have failed so far. I had hoped to get moving a bit earlier than this, but the warmth & comfort of the bed have won out.

Mike_P

Guru
Cold start, washing hung out and expensive eye drops from Boots for one eye that keeps on watering. Another shelf price error in Waitrose, 8 yogurts £3, £4.40 at the till. Suspect the £3 offer had ended but still got £1.40 knocked off. My mobile started making a strange noise which distracted me long enough not to request a receipt. Just checked the cost and yes the Times was free, panic over.

Top Bottom