Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Wonders if the Freeview signal coding has changed. My 13 year old Freesat/Freeview combi TV stopped receiving ITV1HD on Freesat due to change in the transmitted signal that Panasonic failed to issue an update for, then more recently BBC1HD started to break up. Bought a Freesat receiver. Now on Freeview some channels are breaking up. The signal from the aerial goes into a multi way booster and for example the far newer TV in the kitchen works fine. The aerial lead to the combi TV is only 0.5m long and I have now tried three different ones without success. Maybe time for a new TV.

I know my reception can be a little sketchy when there are extreme atmospheric conditions and HD used to be the first to go. Sometimes a retune will work but more often it needs a return to more normal weather. This can require patience.

Mike_P

Guru
I know my reception can be a little sketchy when there are extreme atmospheric conditions and HD used to be the first to go. Sometimes a retune will work but more often it needs a return to more normal weather. This can require patience.

Its some SD channels that are breaking up on Freeview on the combi but are perfectly fine after travelling a good few metres to the kitchen tv . Possibly ones at the weaker end of the freeview signals so thinking maybe the freeview tuner is failing in the combi. Still after 13 years its lasted well. Seems Panasonic make a similar combi set today but oddly John Lewis only list it as Freeview - have raised a query with them as their automatic 5 year free warranty is attractive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom