Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru

At least they are being honest and open about it. You could have the equivalent of a bus operator who on Facebook slags everyone else off for them being late, ignoring the fact his timetabling is a complete joke and only stands a chance of being right if no other vehicles are on the road
Thankfully they are withdrawing their competing service to Knaresborough next month.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A cheap network switch would solve that for you.

Done. Arrived at 10pm last night and installed already.

Just why I needed to do that was the question.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
At least they are being honest and open about it. You could have the equivalent of a bus operator who on Facebook slags everyone else off for them being late, ignoring the fact his timetabling is a complete joke and only stands a chance of being right if no other vehicles are on the road
Thankfully they are withdrawing their competing service to Knaresborough next month.

Got the same problem here in Wales at the moment, with bus companies saying they will cancel services, because of the 20mph limit is making them late. Why not just revise the timetable that you're not sticking to now?

Wales' 20mph speed limit: Bus route cuts considered​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67162541

Speicher

Vice Admiral
That’s the way it should be. Been decades since it was last like that here. :sad:

I may have mentionned this before - round here nearly all the shops are shut on Sunday, except the Tesco Express and one other (a sort of Pound Shop). The large Asda in town has reduced opening hours on a Sunday. Some shops are closed on Mondays, and/or Thursdays.

If I want to purchase book, I can email the Book Shop, and they will order it for me. There are not many Franchises, just Boots, Savers (selling toiletries etc) and a Holland and Barrett, and the tiny Tesco Express.

There is a very good fabric and wool shop with a large area for sewing classes, and a cosy area for Knit and Natters.

tom73

Guru
I may have mentionned this before - round here nearly all the shops are shut on Sunday, except the Tesco Express and one other (a sort of Pound Shop). The large Asda in town has reduced opening hours on a Sunday. Some shops are closed on Mondays, and/or Thursdays.

If I want to purchase book, I can email the Book Shop, and they will order it for me. There are not many Franchises, just Boots, Savers (selling toiletries etc) and a Holland and Barrett, and the tiny Tesco Express.

There is a very good fabric and wool shop with a large area for sewing classes, and a cosy area for Knit and Natters.

Sounds like many rural areas we've visited and stayed in the ones that still have a high street that is.
Shops 5000 sqft or less are free of the political influence of the men in frocks. When I work at the nursery we use to open sunday's on the QT. Anyone official came calling it we'd say it was for stock maintenance.
Don't get too use to Boots it may not be around soon they have plans to close 400 outlets next year. I'd be very surprised if our local one stays it's not in step with current store portfolio.

cookiemonster

Squire
Erm….

Attachments

• IMG_0741.jpeg
    IMG_0741.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 11

oldwheels

Legendary Member
At last Calmac have done what everyone else has to do and sent the spare parts for the ferry by road via Lochaline/Fishnish.
It is only about 130 miles and a ferry trip which mostly works with no disruptions.

Sun is shining here now and wind has gone down a bit but the trip over from Oban would be a bit bumpy.
In the past they sometimes went up and round the island of Lismore on the way to or from Oban to get the swell coming in from the open sea on the bow rather than rolling straight across.
I remember one trip in winter years ago when the Saturday midnight ferry did that and a party developed on board. The trip took longer than usual of course so there were few sober passengers getting off on Mull.:whistle:

Mild and very soggy here chez Casa Reynard. Madam Lexi is very unhappy about Not Being Able To Go Out.

Slept really well. I was tired last night, but it was a *good* tired, having been rather busy. Just have a few final things to sort out for tomorrow. Put a checklist on the fridge to make sure I don't forget anything. Have ticked off a few of those this morning, but for some of the others, I shall wait till the worst of the rain moves through before splashing to the utility room. The local weather forecast on the lunchtime news showed a radar sequence that has the rain beginning to peter out here in about an hour.

Thankfully tomorrow morning early doors is looking dry for the journey to Stoneleigh.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Top Bottom