Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
snuck in a ride before dark. need to do this more
late ride.jpg

late ride 1.jpg

gonna have to charge the lights' batteries maybe soon

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not so much that as it's a course I took about 10 years ago and hasn't changed in all those years and it STILL has no relevance to what remains of my job. There was one 5 minute segment that was of relevance, but is already covered by the Port's own 'Toolbox training' which I wouldn't get onto the port without passing anyhow - and that has to be done every 3 years and is regularly updated.

Depending on the shipping schedule, we may be going on board THIS tomorrow - the gangplank climb and engine room visit should be interesting as I have a major dislike of 'open' heights

That's a biggun!!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The usual morning madness with change of shifts but at least I get to lie in until 0630.
One patient going home as ambulance has appeared to collect him.
No idea why we have the altzhiemer patient here and this is my first encounter with this condition. No doubt Andy in Germany will understand but he is a real challenge to all and takes up an inordinate amount of nursing time. They manage to cope but some of them are feeling the strain as they are not exposed to this very often and admit privately that they are struggling.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The usual morning madness with change of shifts but at least I get to lie in until 0630.
No idea why we have the altzhiemer patient here and this is my first encounter with this condition. No doubt Andy in Germany will understand but he is a real challenge to all and takes up an inordinate amount of nursing time. They manage to cope but some of them are feeling the strain as they are not exposed to this very often and admit privately that they are struggling.
I'm a little late but get well again soon @oldwheels

tom73

Guru

They do take up a lot of time in an ideal world they'd be enough staff to special them. Dementia is a complex condition and depends on which form it takes, Altzhiemer's is just one. Some types are more complex than others and less common to many staff. Alcohol-related being one example. I'm not sure what mandatory training is in place in NHS Scotland. Mrs 73 has good working knowledge of all types inc having cared for dementia patients within prisons. Her masters in mental health dissertation was in brain injury acquired dementia.

Top Bottom