Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Off out for a day at the seaside.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Still dry outside but overcast and rain will probably arrive soon.
Nothing planned so no idea what I will do today.
When self employed we always had Sunday off work tho' not really for religious reasons just traditional and we needed a day off.

The big fight on FB today is use or non use of passing places on single traffic roads as well as the cattle still wandering around on the fast section at the north end of the island. One person fairly seriously injured the other day after hitting one at speed tho' probably best not to comment on that.

cookiemonster

Squire
This is good stuff to listen to while working.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OojWiUB4o

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There was a running club ( and may well still be) called Eltham Puffers. Seeing their running vests always raised a smile.

Eltham High Street used to have 13, I think, pubs. It was a challenge to get as far as the Yorkshire Grey! (It's now a McDonald's).
I seem to remember that there were so many in Eltham itself as Eltham Park had none to to a covenant by a Scottish Laird who used to own the area that no alcohol be sold there. The only Off Licence was on a bridge that was British Rail property beside the railway station.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright & sunny Suffolk where the first cuppa of the day has only just been completed due to me being a lazy git and having a lie in. I have to go out later this afternoon, so will be doing the domestics & grass cutting today to give me the whole day on Monday to treat as a Public Holiday rather than just a normal Monday off work.

Top Bottom