Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Google seems to be homing in on my location a bit better these days.
IMG_20230827_114139.jpg

Google seems to be homing in on my location a bit better these days.
View attachment 704052

Mine gets very confused here; when I catch the train south the line swings to within a km of the French border and back again a couple of times, sending everyone's phone slightly potty; we all get "Welcome to France" messages at the same time, followed soon after by "Welcome to Germany" messages about 90 seconds later.

cookiemonster

Squire
Mine gets very confused here; when I catch the train south the line swings to within a km of the French border and back again a couple of times, sending everyone's phone slightly potty; we all get "Welcome to France" messages at the same time, followed soon after by "Welcome to Germany" messages about 90 seconds later.

I have a similar issue here. If I take a route that goes close to the Chinese border fence, I get connected to a Chinese phone network and, about a few miles later, when I head away from the border fence, it goes back to 3HK.

I don't get charged roaming as 3, I think, are used to this and they know I haven't left HK.

I have a similar issue here. If I take a route that goes close to the Chinese border fence, I get connected to a Chinese phone network and, about a few miles later, when I head away from the border fence, it goes back to 3HK.

I don't get charged roaming as 3, I think, are used to this and they know I haven't left HK.

It's a bit worse further south because there's 3 countries and it's a land border with no river or other obvious feature: I've cycled into Switzerland before and not noticed for several hundred metres.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

There you go then, connected to French mobile and hence IP address, then back again.

Top Bottom