Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No line painted on the roads, or signs welcoming you!

Nothing:

2019_07_08_lc3b6rrach_24a.jpg

The "Germany/Switzerland" labels are added by me: all that shows the border is the crack in the tarmac.

The Signpost to the left is in Germany and is the standard cycleway style of sign, the border runs on the left side of the gravel track, so everything else in the picture is in Switzerland.

I particularly liked that just off camera to the left is a playground with a small football area; every time the ball went out of play they'd have to run into Switzerland to get it...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
We tried for an earlier ferry from Dublin to Holyhead - it was full.

So, instead we've had lunch in Malahide and son no. 2 went for a swim, still wearing his skin suit. 19 but still 4. Apparently the Irish Sea was cold.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rained slightly about a mile from home when I went for a walk but now there is low cloud which may indicate rain but not quite reached here yet.
More ferry woes as MV Loch Frisa has engine problems and all her sailings cancelled today and early ones tomorrow.

Stopped at the main car park where strangely I did find a space but could not get a seat overlooking the marina which has a smaller number of boats in. A large Dutch three master is at anchor and the fisheries protection vessel is prowling around.
Apparently a fishing boat was dredging inside the bay illegally a couple of days ago.
Nothing goes unnoticed here as every house facing the sea has binoculars handy. At least that used to be the case but the settlers are probably too busy trying to fleece the touroid to bother nowadays.
Met an old friend sitting in his car overlooking the bay so had a natter and set the world as we know it to rights.

simongt

Guru
Decided to drive back from Dundee overnight instead of today, thus gaining a day. The journey was most interesting from several points, one being being able to maintain a steady 60mph for much of the journey, thus getting consistent fuel consumption.
However, I'm still awake and just waiting for 'the wall' to hit me - ! :laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Estate Agent's advertising hype sign outside a 19th. Century former govt. building in Dundee being repurposed as flats.
'Gated Boutique development of 2,3 & 4 bedroomed apartments soon to be available'. :eek:
'Boutique' is a new one on me - ! :laugh:

" Gated Boutique development " = Voluntary Open Prison
I wonder if my wooden front gate with easily accessible thumb latch qualifies our home as a gated development? Mrs TKK has shed loads of clothing and bags so that might cover the " Boutique " aspect 🤔

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I don't remember the swimming pool. I went to Hook Lane Primary (in Hook Lane), we went swimming in Woolwich to my recollection. It is shown on a 1961 map tho'.

Apparently, it closed in 1979 due to vandalism, and was grassed over in 1982.
I used to go there around the mid 60's. I frequented Eltham Park open air pool more, though, as I lived nearer. It was unheated & a mate and I went at 07:30 for a swim before school quite often! ❄

Top Bottom