Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A car has just driven past us with a unicycle on the roof cycle rack. Did look a bit comical like a pea on drum type thing.

No bagpipes anywhere? :whistle:

tom73

Guru
Heading to Lincoln for lunch with son no. 1 shortly, then to Newark where son no. 2 is in their town centre races this evening in the regional race: https://www.newarktowncentreraces.com

Nice place to wonder round Lincoln. If you fancy cake after the church on the corner on way down to the cathedral. Is often open for tea and cake. The nice home made type.

tom73

Guru
@tom73 - we've been there a couple of times. The other nice one is Stokes on the bridge, but a bit pricey.

Today will be about feeding prior to the race so we'll find somewhere south of the city centre as son no. 1 lives down that way currently.

Had a bad experience when we tried Stokes. Made to feel very uncomfortable and got poor service to match. All because we did not order any hot food. Most odd.

classic33

Leg End Member

DYSON Zone Wireless Bluetooth Noise-Cancelling Air Purifying Blue 1990

Anyone?
1690541578512.png

Start at around the £700 mark.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nurse, Classic's throwing teabags around again!
They're my teabags!

Mike_P

Guru
Turned into a bit of a bargain, walked to the Co-op to find they had actually reduced slightly their eye watering price on milk. Lindt chocolate bars were also reduced slightly. Having mobile app coupons etc for both the price came to £2.45 making the 2 pints of milk effectively 50p compared to the current normal reduced price of the chocolate elsewhere.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Heading to Lincoln for lunch with son no. 1 shortly, then to Newark where son no. 2 is in their town centre races this evening in the regional race: https://www.newarktowncentreraces.com

We'll sort the warm-up and then I'll have a dash to the pits, carrying spare bike and rollers.

Some nice bikes for sale in the Lincoln area according to my faceache marketplace

Humid, blustery and overcast here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not sleep well (my brain wouldn't switch off). Have had a quiet morning doing some general puttering about, and have booked to test drive the Skoda Rapid that the garage have on their forecourt.

Out of the cars they have in, it's the only one in budget that really matches my criteria, although the compromise is that it's high mileage. They have a Fabia hatchback that's also in budget, but it's not the best on inside space or rear visibility, and having solely driven an estate since my Felicia went *fzzzzzt* I'm not sure I can live with that. They have a Fabia estate as well, but it's over budget, although I may consider it if I have to. At the moment, I'm keeping my options open. The biggie for me is that a) I need to be able to reach the pedals and b) I need to see over the dashboard. Ah, the joys of being short.

In better news, my package of Paul Warwick memorabilia has arrived from Latvia.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I was offered a part time job yesterday. :scratch: It would have flexible hours and I would be potting up plants, which is something I enjoy.

A slight drawback is the remuneration. Free coffee and biskits, lunch, and tea and biskits, with free parking but no petrol allowance. It is at a local retreat/day conference centre with large gardens. They do not need an application form or to see my CV.

Top Bottom