Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
The boardmans decent, but basic. Was bought before I had a clue re bikes, and I'd like to upgrade a bit. Highest I can take my voucher is 1000, and I pay approx 66% back so it gives me a broad scope to start looking

I'm a bit shocked by that statement - you have a clue about bikes?!?

postman

Squire
600837_602639699797616_762640681_n.jpg
That is just wonderful.And at the very far end is a wee dram.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well, after the hassle I had last weekend with my chain jumping clean off the biggest and smallest rear cogs (when Decathlon had supposedly just given my bike a full service) I just re-indexed my gears myself and they're now shifting perfectly... and stopping at the last gears without jumping off the end! :dance: :thanks:(Thanks for the advice @mr messy @Rasmus)
:bravo: You were indexing gears until after 2AM? :eek: That's dedication ...:biggrin:

T

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
for those on Twitter, I have a friend who is trying to self fund her way into the Scottish cycling team for next years Commonwealth games. She is chasing a sponsor, and the sponsorship will go up the more followers she has on social media to promote them. Link to her Twitter below, she doesnt post a lot, and would really help her out . was seeing her cycling posts that got me into it, but dont blame her for that!

https://twitter.com/Ishbelodrome

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Just back from a wee outing for lunch at South Queensferry with HJ, the rain :rain:only caught up with us as we were back in central Edinburgh. We managed to time our return along the Roseburn Path to be under the path of the flypast & hear a bit of music from the floodlit Murrayfield Stadium - HJ is now watching Scotland v South Africa on the TV, not going too well for Scotland, I am afraid.
Apart from a wee incident with wet leaves (no real harm done, but well worth watching out for at this time of year :B)), it was a gorgeous day for being out on the bike, and lunch was good, too :hungry:.

We saw this wee boat floating past ... sadly now cargo only, otherwise it would be the perfect transport for a cycle trip on the continent ...

T

Gah, need to get back out on the bike soon... only 44km to go to hit my target for the year. I would be there already but for three weeks off the bike in July while I recovered physically (and mentally a little bit too) from my Arran acrobatics :B) (my wallet took a little longer to recover!)

Hope to get lots more miles in next year, so a bigger target will be required! :bicycle:

Fubar

Guru
I was out today as well, chilly but great day for cycling - attached a photo of the back of my baldy heid just to give you all a laugh!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 47

Fubar

Guru
Gah, need to get back out on the bike soon... only 44km to go to hit my target for the year. I would be there already but for three weeks off the bike in July while I recovered physically (and mentally a little bit too) from my Arran acrobatics :B) (my wallet took a little longer to recover!)

Hope to get lots more miles in next year, so a bigger target will be required! :bicycle:

A nice wee trip to Dollar would see you right for the year...:whistle:

Fubar

Guru
Just back from a wee outing for lunch at South Queensferry with HJ, the rain :rain:only caught up with us as we were back in central Edinburgh. We managed to time our return along the Roseburn Path to be under the path of the flypast & hear a bit of music from the floodlit Murrayfield Stadium - HJ is now watching Scotland v South Africa on the TV, not going too well for Scotland, I am afraid.
Apart from a wee incident with wet leaves (no real harm done, but well worth watching out for at this time of year :B)), it was a gorgeous day for being out on the bike, and lunch was good, too :hungry:.

We saw this wee boat floating past ... sadly now cargo only, otherwise it would be the perfect transport for a cycle trip on the continent ...

T

Arran = continent, surely?!?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Anybody knows what was up this morning in the Kings Park area, at the junction across the hotel?
I was riding towards the Green, there were 2 buses stopped at an angle in the middle of the junction, a group of cyclists between them.
I recognized the Glasgow Green Racing Club's kit, along with some other riders on hybrids.
By the time I reached them, everybody had moved off.

Top Bottom