Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Back on topic, failed to beat Jamie's time. Was stopped 4 times on my way around the first time, then ice cold rain second time has me back in the house. May re attempt later

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Back on topic, failed to beat Jamie's time. Was stopped 4 times on my way around the first time, then ice cold rain second time has me back in the house. May re attempt later
when i done it, it was early on a saturday morning so the roads didn`t have much traffic on them, didn`t have much wind, my try and shave a few seconds of my time during the week

tug benson

My climbing legs have went missing, went up the easy side of sheriffmuir on Saturday as Sunday, I suffered like a pig doing it, it's not like I haven't been out on the bike much I just haven't done much climbing, scary how unfit I felt doing it, the 10 bottles if beer while watching xfactor on a Saturday night may be starting to take its toll

Col5632

Guru
My climbing legs have went missing, went up the easy side of sheriffmuir on Saturday as Sunday, I suffered like a pig doing it, it's not like I haven't been out on the bike much I just haven't done much climbing, scary how unfit I felt doing it, the 10 bottles if beer while watching xfactor on a Saturday night may be starting to take its toll

You need to stop watching xfactor, it puts me to sleep when the OH puts it on :laugh: Drinking has always been something i do now and again :bicycle:

GBC

Veteran

..............but you couldn't really watch it on less....

tug benson

Beer, xfactor and my bitchy tweets about xfactor are what Saturday nights are all about

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm thinking of changing my car as the 4x4 is just too thirsty.

Does anyone use the rear mounted bike carriers? The ones that fit on the tow bar?
I have one that goes on the back of my ... errr ... LR Discovery !

It's a strong, well-made beast = it's pretty heavy too ! :training: Carries 3 bikes, supported by their wheels, not the top tubes, and all are held rock solid. It can tilt down a bit when on the car but the read door can only be opened a wee bit, so certainly not 'full opening'.

Main disadvantage would be that it doesn't fold for storage but I have can make room in the garage. Tow bar-mounted is reckoned to be better for fuel economy than others. :thumbsup:

Col5632

Guru
Some lovely weather we had last night, used a shared path for a bit and a "runner" crossed over the road straight into my path then had the cheek to say you should be on the road, granted i usually am on the road at that part but i could barely see where i was going at the time :cursing:

Top Bottom