Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Cycled the work Brommie (our no-carbon environmentally friendly work vehicle :wub:) home from the office this evening ... great fun it was, too! With the front pannier weighing the front wheel down a bit it's pretty stable, and the three gears were just about OK for the uphill bits, it did spin out on the downhill parts very quickly though :biggrin:. We are going places on the train together tomorrow :wahhey:. Cycling it up Liberton Brae on the way back to the office is going to be "interesting" ... :sweat:

T

Booyaa

Veteran
Good luck with that one T!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well ?? Was Saturday's ride enough training ? :training:
Not had a chance yet! The Brommie & I only just returned from the flatlands of Cambridge this evening... LB is tomorrow morning's entertainment :ph34r:...
Was hoping to get blown part-way up the hill by a tailwind :hyper:, but the forecast has now turned it round a bit to a westerly side wind instead :rolleyes:...
I'll report back tomorrow when I've recovered :heat:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well ... :scratch: I can't quite believe it, but I managed to cycle all the way to work (including LB) :sweat: without having to get off and push the Brommie :wub:anywhere:wahhey:... must be stronger than I thought I was :dance:. It helped that there was no wind of any significance, rather than the usual headwind. :thumbsup:
The Brommie geometry is actually not too bad for climbing out of the saddle when the (3 very well spaced) gears run out ... but the handlebars were flexing quite a bit on the way up LB :biggrin:.

T

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Have my flex( cycle2 work) letter through. Time to decide if I new bike, and punt the Boardman, or keep the boardman, and just replace gearing on it........

Fubar

Guru
Have my flex( cycle2 work) letter through. Time to decide if I new bike, and punt the Boardman, or keep the boardman, and just replace gearing on it........

N+1...

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
my bike is away in for a service..no cycling for me this weekend, last nights weather was ok to and i missed not going out on the bike, i might get the old MB out and do the cycle paths around alloa tomorrow morning

The bank manager, AKA the girfriend has just about giving me the ok to get a new bike after the new year, thinking of this bad boy
http://www.dalescycles.com/2014-giant-tcr-composite-1-p7738
e8c5198024d48c2a2c7fa4ac4173255f.jpg

Fubar

Guru
Top Bottom