Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep, with a little gentle encouragement from @Col5632 I asked the 'nice man at Decathlon' to fit them when I was getting the T5 serviced... I was a little bit uncertain how I would get on tbh, so I did indeed do a little bit of practice in the kitchen before venturing out. On my first ride with them on I went round the wee grassy area in front of my flat a few times practising 'stopping and setting off' a few times before I ventured out on to the ever so slightly busier Bearsden Road, didn't fancy having a clipless moment at Anniesland Cross! I found it really easy to get used to and I was clipping in pretty much on the first attempt each time when I set off from the lights. I had them set up at the lowest tension and think I may need to tighten them slightly as my right foot was moving a bit from side to side but other than that it was trouble free (I was hoping it might help my speed a bit, but the wind was too strong for that!)

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
great stuff.

Col5632

Guru
Yep, with a little gentle encouragement from @Col5632 I asked the 'nice man at Decathlon' to fit them when I was getting the T5 serviced... I was a little bit uncertain how I would get on tbh, so I did indeed do a little bit of practice in the kitchen before venturing out. On my first ride with them on I went round the wee grassy area in front of my flat a few times practising 'stopping and setting off' a few times before I ventured out on to the ever so slightly busier Bearsden Road, didn't fancy having a clipless moment at Anniesland Cross! I found it really easy to get used to and I was clipping in pretty much on the first attempt each time when I set off from the lights. I had them set up at the lowest tension and think I may need to tighten them slightly as my right foot was moving a bit from side to side but other than that it was trouble free (I was hoping it might help my speed a bit, but the wind was too strong for that!)

Finally :thumbsup: It's amazing how second nature it becomes

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
It was probably time to give up before I started cycling . Carb loading with fruit cider (excuse in early)

The only tricky part is the multiple roundabouts, zebra crossings and traffic lights that litter the course
Just do what Jon Snow says that we all do and you should be fine*

* Terms and conditions apply. Definition of "Fine" ranges from completely unharmed to destruction of personal property, serious injury, death, castigation from your peers and being cast out into the great abyss where there is a wailing and crashing of teeth

Top Bottom