Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Where do you work?!? ;)

If I tell you I'll have to kill you ...:secret::laugh:

All I can say is that there was an amazing spread, and that most of it has been tested to destruction ...:rolleyes:
(and that my transport method worked :thumbsup:)

Might have to arrange a CC Ecosse RV ride some time soon, with the RV destination being our kitchen. We haven't had one of these for a few years now. A revival of Magnatom's 'Pedal for Cake' ride perhaps? Preferably without any of the slight incidents along the way! (there should be an ancient thread somewhere on CC if you want to be nosy)

For those that don't know (yet), we switch from proper CC Ecosse rides to RV rides for the winter, where somebody names a time and a place (where cake/soup/hot drinks can be found - cafe or somebody's home), to meet up for a blether :smile:. Everybody makes their own way at their own pace, so hanging around in cold temperatures :cold: waiting for each other in the pouring rain/driving snow doesn't become an issue...
We do stop when there is a risk of black ice though :B)...

T

Fubar

Guru
If I tell you I'll have to kill you ...:secret::laugh:

All I can say is that there was an amazing spread, and that most of it has been tested to destruction ...:rolleyes:
(and that my transport method worked :thumbsup:)

Might have to arrange a CC Ecosse RV ride some time soon, with the RV destination being our kitchen. We haven't had one of these for a few years now. A revival of Magnatom's 'Pedal for Cake' ride perhaps? Preferably without any of the slight incidents along the way! (there should be an ancient thread somewhere on CC if you want to be nosy)

For those that don't know (yet), we switch from proper CC Ecosse rides to RV rides for the winter, where somebody names a time and a place (where cake/soup/hot drinks can be found - cafe or somebody's home), to meet up for a blether :smile:. Everybody makes their own way at their own pace, so hanging around in cold temperatures :cold: waiting for each other in the pouring rain/driving snow doesn't become an issue...
We do stop when there is a risk of black ice though :B)...

T

Sounds good, I'm sure there are pics somewhere of @HLaB, @Scoosh and a few other in your kitchen?!? Not sure my wife would be happy with a bunch of sweaty cyclists turning up expecting to be fed! But I'll happily come and eat your cake ;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Sounds good, I'm sure there are pics somewhere of @HLaB, @Scoosh and a few other in your kitchen?!? Not sure my wife would be happy with a bunch of sweaty cyclists turning up expecting to be fed! But I'll happily come and eat your cake ;)

It helps if the wife is a sweaty gently glowing cyclist herself :rolleyes:

T

Col5632

Guru
Must be bloody invisible this morning, had a car almost fail to give way to me on a mini roundabout to which i stopped on in front of him and waved at him, how he failed to see me in my bright yellow gillet i have no idea, then 2 minutes later a young boy walked right in front of me with his 2 massive dogs, had to brake and avoid him, again baffled how he never saw me as he was on the other side of the road so surely would have looked both ways before crossing the road and some how not even seen me, even had a front and back light on this morning!

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
24 hours, 631km, £2165 raised so far for Alzeimier Scotland. Covered 122km, beaten by a non cyclist gym bod who was used to the set up. Exercise bikes are so uncomfortable!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Friday? :wahhey: This working week seemed to go on for ever :wacko: ...
Looks like most of the washout predicted for tomorrow might be arriving early, possibly leaving a few daylight hours dry & perfect cycling weather (in my part of CC Ecosse land anyway)!

T

Top Bottom