Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aye, right! :rofl::banghead:
have you seen how little I have managed this week?

14.1km that is it!

I feel bereft somehow!
all of my bikes are moaning at me and making me feel guilty!
I actually think I have walked further this week and that is saying something given the restrictions the dog bites have imposed on my walking!

if the weather is good tomorrow, I may cycle over to my parents' home (70km) - there are a few errands I need to run and the closest (but not cheapest) health food shop is over that way and there are a couple of bits I need from there...

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I've been stuck 5 miles short of the target as I've been off on my first field assignment for the company all week.

No commuting and restaurants for lunch and dinner every day will not help my fitness levels... Gran Fondo challenge to do this weekend will help, but I might have to (gasp!) resort to doing some running when I'm away.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Just as long as you remember to pack shorts and a t short too. Getting too cold to run in just shoes.....

Stuck in the house today as on call for queries at work. Looking a great day for a bike ride too :sad: and some silly golf thing on taking away my fav ride tomorrow :sad:

Just as long as you remember to pack shorts and a t short too. Getting too cold to run in just shoes.....

Stuck in the house today as on call for queries at work. Looking a great day for a bike ride too :sad: and some silly golf thing on taking away my fav ride tomorrow :sad:
I guess I'd better make the most of the nice weather this weekend then instead of building furniture if it means I get a chance to take a a chunk out of your lead :tongue:

Col5632

Guru
I've barely done anything this year, maybe once the missus goes back to working saturdays ill get out again :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well that was a proper wet ride home from work :rain::rain: ... I didn't take my shoes off on arrival, but went straight to the bathroom ... shoes untied and foot carefully positioned over the bathtub ... shoe off - there was a fair amount of water pooling in it! :laugh:
The other shoe didn't quite contain a puddle.. :rolleyes: and there was a lot of water to be wrung from socks & gloves ...
3rd lot of newspaper change about to be commenced :ohmy:

Apart from my head, the rest of me was dry and cosy under the waterproofs :dance:...

T
(back home again from yet more work travels) :wahhey::hello:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
What a contrast this afternoon :sun: was to yesterday :rain:and this morning :rain:...
East Lothian is beautiful in any weather, but today was extra special :dance:... amazing 3D clouds in a clear blue sky, that clear golden light you only get once the summer is over, the maple trees turning red and yellow, the Esk very high & brown after the rain, noisy oystercatchers by the sea, white horses, lots of smiling cyclists & walkers everywhere, that effortless feeling of flying along the road - until I turned round and headed back west anyway :laugh: (into a bit of a headwind)

New Belles route tested, lunch/cake stop provisionally booked for 18th October :wahhey:... fingers crossed for a day like today :secret:
There is just one more quiet link I need to check, the stream of football supporters (Hibs) monopolising some of the planned route got in the way :rolleyes: ... I suppose I better check their match schedule :scratch:EDIT: they are playing away :thumbsup:

T

Last edited:
Top Bottom