Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
Jeez, what is it with you and punctures?!? Hope you get it all fixed and shiney again soon Georgie-boy.

I find that they're a bit like buses Mark, none for ages and then.......

Physically I'm pretty much sorted now, back to the previous state of wear and tear, but the bike got a harder knock than I thought - still finding wee odd things to fix. The de'il finds work for idle hands:evil:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
This will be my last weekend off for a while: refused jobs again to go cycling, but my bank account is crying starvation :laugh:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I set myself a target at start of month of 600 miles, which then changed to 621.5 miles to be 1000km. I lost near a week to a bad cold, then last week to working away.I am at 438 miles just now, with 6 days left in the month. On holiday this week from work, so its possible, im just struggling a bit for motivation and a fresh route today.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I set myself a target at start of month of 600 miles, which then changed to 621.5 miles to be 1000km. I lost near a week to a bad cold, then last week to working away.I am at 438 miles just now, with 6 days left in the month. On holiday this week from work, so its possible, im just struggling a bit for motivation and a fresh route today.
Why not head up Dunning Glen? Coming up to Perth I remember it as quite nice terrain, and not steep enough to kill yourself... You could do a very nice route coming back over Auchterarder and maybe the easy way up Sheriffmuir.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
put it off all day, went to gym instead, then eventuly went out about 6. raised seat an inch and it really helped climbing, reast of the way felt really smooth and broke 750km , so now in my biggest month of miles yet. the 1000km is in sight. hope tomorrows LBS visit is short and simple. given up on free maintenance from Halfords , and declared interest in some classes coming up re looking after the bike. :smile:

Col5632

Guru
put it off all day, went to gym instead, then eventuly went out about 6. raised seat an inch and it really helped climbing, reast of the way felt really smooth and broke 750km , so now in my biggest month of miles yet. the 1000km is in sight. hope tomorrows LBS visit is short and simple. given up on free maintenance from Halfords , and declared interest in some classes coming up re looking after the bike. :smile:

How much are the classes? My bike is away to decathlon as off tomorrow, i was told i might get a really good set of wheels as this is the second time my rear wheel has been in to get fixed, first time was a replacement altogether.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
How much are the classes? My bike is away to decathlon as off tomorrow, i was told i might get a really good set of wheels as this is the second time my rear wheel has been in to get fixed, first time was a replacement altogether.

they havent anounced yet, have tagged you on FB re the link. send them an email, then they will send details once they have rough numbers.

sent you second link too, Stirlings Maintenence mad!

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377596216.052930.jpg

Col5632

Guru

It's so small ;)

Decathlon were meant to phone me back yesterday about getting an upgraded set of wheels, phoned them today to find out whats going on, i said to the guy its the second time the wheel has become buckled, he said "do you know how it happened" do i use the bike off road and have i been pulling skids cause the tyre is buggered, nothing like saying i've been doing stuff on the bike i shouldnt be :cursing:

Now awaiting another phone call that i should have got yesterday

Col5632

Guru
Well my bikes fixed, off to pick up ow and pay big bill

Mine is also fixed, new wheels and tyres on the bike, still raging that they best they could offer was 10% off the mavic aksium wheels and ill be trying my best to get more money off them later, standard wheels are £30 and im only getting £15 off better wheels.:cursing:

Top Bottom