Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Going cycling :bicycle: , perchance, Rasmus ? :whistle:

Dong the bit of Scotland you haven't been to yet ? :laugh:

GBC

Veteran
Got all the repairs, new wheels, tyres, touch-up painting etc., completed yesterday after a spill a couple of weeks ago, so thought I'd have a wee run to see how the bike, and me, were fairing. One kilometre in and the back tyre deflated, so I changed it for the spare and kept going; it looked like I'd possibly nipped the tube when putting the new tyre on, and yes, I've certainly got previous convictions for that:sad: The bike was certainly going well, as was I apart from a bit of residual soreness in the wrist and shoulder, but seven or eight kilometres later the back tyre went down again. I had a good look at it this time and discovered that the problem was in the rim tape I'd used which was too narrow and not quite covering the spoke holes enough. To be honest it wasn't the kind I'd been looking for but it was all they had in the LBS and the guy had assured me that it would do the job...@rse!! Anyway, I got the repair kit out and to cut a long story short, discovered that not only did both tubes have multiple punctures, but that the glue supplied with the Park Tools was completely useless and didn't set. There was nothing then for it but the phone call of shame:surrender: Next week though.....

Col5632

Guru
Last day of work before a week off on holiday!

Not bad for some ;)

Got all the repairs, new wheels, tyres, touch-up painting etc., completed yesterday after a spill a couple of weeks ago, so thought I'd have a wee run to see how the bike, and me, were fairing. One kilometre in and the back tyre deflated, so I changed it for the spare and kept going; it looked like I'd possibly nipped the tube when putting the new tyre on, and yes, I've certainly got previous convictions for that:sad: The bike was certainly going well, as was I apart from a bit of residual soreness in the wrist and shoulder, but seven or eight kilometres later the back tyre went down again. I had a good look at it this time and discovered that the problem was in the rim tape I'd used which was too narrow and not quite covering the spoke holes enough. To be honest it wasn't the kind I'd been looking for but it was all they had in the LBS and the guy had assured me that it would do the job...@rse!! Anyway, I got the repair kit out and to cut a long story short, discovered that not only did both tubes have multiple punctures, but that the glue supplied with the Park Tools was completely useless and didn't set. There was nothing then for it but the phone call of shame:surrender: Next week though.....

Gutted to hear you are having no luck recently, like you say there is always next week :bicycle:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Week off after today for me to. May make a decathlon trip tonight for the sake of it, the. Early rise tomorrow for the highland challenge sportive. Started my day with a sweary phone call to my boss summing up how I feel re project I am on, I get cranky when I am off the bike it seems!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Going cycling :bicycle: , perchance, Rasmus ? :whistle:

Dong the bit of Scotland you haven't been to yet ? :laugh:
Sadly not - I'm taking the parents on a trip around the Yorkshire Dales. Dad would like to cycle more, but his body doesn't agree. I'll be sneakily plotting possibly routes for a future venture, though...

Col5632

Guru
Week off after today for me to. May make a decathlon trip tonight for the sake of it, the. Early rise tomorrow for the highland challenge sportive. Started my day with a sweary phone call to my boss summing up how I feel re project I am on, I get cranky when I am off the bike it seems!

I've been told I'm the same :laugh: get me a wheel while your there :laugh:

Fubar

Guru

Jeez, what is it with you and punctures?!? Hope you get it all fixed and shiney again soon Georgie-boy.

Top Bottom