Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
So are we going to see @Pat "5mph" as one of "the faces of the Commonwealth Games cycling" ? :ohmy:
Well, our Belles founder had put a fb request on Monday, apparently Glasgow Uni students are making a film about the commonwealth games, looking for some ordinary cyclists riding up and down the new cycling facility "bridge to somewhere". Active travel and so on.
When we got there it was in fact Glasgow city council wanting pictures for their commonwealth games site.
Their cameraman had called it off, so a photographer and an interviewer came instead - by taxi from the city centre, ermm, a 10 min walk :wacko:
He started taking pictures of us, 4 ordinary cyclists in ordinary clothes, one was a mechanic from the bike station, 3 Belles, one of them a Spokes organizer.
Only me with helmet, so I ditched it to match the look of the group.
After about an hour, another group appeared, all of them helmeted, Lycra wearing, ready for Pedal for Scotland not for getting the messages in Tesco :laugh: The photographer went on a shooting frenzy.
Moral of this story is: my fellow Belle and Spokes organizer seems to think the council will prefer their look to ours for their site. We will soon find out!

Pat "5mph"

Hope you manage to get out matey. I like cleaning my bike, i find it strangely relaxing. After the 3 ferries ride it was filthy, that real black residue that sticks to anything. Took me an hour to clean completely. Enjoy the garmin dude, great little toys.
My trainers are finally dry!
Did not clean Boris yet, been riding the paper bike, no cleaning needed there at all, it's great.
Will do my cleaning duties today, need some gears for Saturday's ride with the bike station folks.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
After about an hour, another group appeared, all of them helmeted, Lycra wearing, ready for Pedal for Scotland not for getting the messages in Tesco :laugh: The photographer went on a shooting frenzy.
Moral of this story is:

Crazed Shooter goes on Rampage in Glasgow !
Commonwealth Games safety issues raised as cyclists are shot !
... blah, blah, blah, .....

;)

Pat "5mph"

Crazed Shooter goes on Rampage in Glasgow !
Commonwealth Games safety issues raised as cyclists are shot !
... blah, blah, blah, .....

;)
I am very happy to report that, on Mrs. Doubtfire the 3 stone single speed, I made it up and down that steep bridge several times :training:

Fubar

Guru
The way to clean white bar tape ? WD40 !

If you are now snorting coffee into your keyboard at this ridiculous suggestion :rofl: - try it (the WD40 :rolleyes:) and be prepared to be amazed ... :unsure:

Sounds like you should have a claim against the council for being irresponsible to cyclists and their kit ... :boxing:

So are we going to see @Pat "5mph" as one of "the faces of the Commonwealth Games cycling" ? :ohmy:

Going to try snorting coffee into my keyboard, sounds much more exciting... :addict:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Gave you kudos :smile:
I can see a biggggggggggggg hill on that graph :ph34r:

The climb from Largs to Loch Thom is long, but nowhere near as steep as the 17% climb that you and Boris coped with admirably last week :thumbsup:. The steepest climb on the route I posted is actually the one at the 17.6 mile point, where you turn off the main A78 road to climb over the Meigle road. It's quite a short climb, but a real lung buster!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I notice you beat my time on the descent to Inverkip by 3 seconds :cursing:

You should join the cyclechat group as well. This allows you to filter the segment leaderboards to only CC'ers.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Used the misfortune of a guy I'm working with I. Leeds broken spoke today, to find out where bike shops are. One may be shopping tonight with this new information!

Top Bottom