Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I was 75 quid including 25 on new bar tape. Set up on gears was shoot, and my front cogs are slightly warped/ bent so will be sending diagnosis and request for refund to halfords care plan for the new cables and set up

He also found a tear on the walls of my rear tyre, which is less than two months old. Lucky I kept the original that I can fit.

Col5632

Guru
I was 75 quid including 25 on new bar tape. Set up on gears was s***, and my front cogs are slightly warped/ bent so will be sending diagnosis and request for refund to halfords care plan for the new cables and set up

He also found a tear on the walls of my rear tyre, which is less than two months old. Lucky I kept the original that I can fit.

A tear after two months? What make of tyre?

Col5632

Guru
Not heard great things about gator skin's recently.

Here is a better reply from decathlon

Dear Mr Sharp,
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the level of service you have received from the Edinburgh store. I can assure you that we pride ourselves on how we treat our customers and our level of product knowledge; however I acknowledge in this instance mistakes have been made and therefore I am keen to rectify that for you straight away. I will also follow this up with the members of staff on the Bikes team.
In terms of where to proceed now, all complaints are dealt with on a local level and our Head Office team would pass you through to me directly. Please could you therefore contact me at the store on 0131 4423293 where I would be happy to discuss a more appropriate solution with you. I am available until 8pm this evening or from 10am - 8pm on Friday (I will be away on a training course Wed/Thurs).
Regards,
Emily Cotteril

edindave

Über Member
Mine is also fixed, new wheels and tyres on the bike, still raging that they best they could offer was 10% off the mavic aksium wheels and ill be trying my best to get more money off them later, sh*te wheels are £30 and im only getting £15 off better wheels.:cursing:

FTFY! :thumbsup:

The Aksiums are great wheels - that is a rather decent upgrade. I have them on my road bike - going strong after over 2 years. Never gone out of true. When I first got them a couple of spokes needed tightened, but that's a feature of factory built wheels - I'm reliably informed. So just check that none are loose.

Zoltan Socrates

Regular
FTFY! :thumbsup:

The Aksiums are great wheels - that is a rather decent upgrade. I have them on my road bike - going strong after over 2 years. Never gone out of true. When I first got them a couple of spokes needed tightened, but that's a feature of factory built wheels - I'm reliably informed. So just check that none are loose.

thats good to hear dave, got a work colleague whos a cat 2 racer and he roasted me for buying them saying they were too flexy and other such PRO level nonsense
ive had them since november, theyve been great , @Col5632 - you could at least get them to wrap some new rubber round the new wheels surely/?

edindave

Über Member
I was 75 quid including 25 on new bar tape. Set up on gears was s***, and my front cogs are slightly warped/ bent so will be sending diagnosis and request for refund to halfords care plan for the new cables and set up

You must have special bars. My new tape - pro white of course - was £12 fitted. :thumbsup:

Col5632

Guru
Decathlon customer service manager just phoned me to offer the wheels for nothing ^_^ Only paying the £25 quid for new tyres for it, she could not have been nicer and offered any more :thumbsup: Top marks Decathlon, away to pick the bike up now :smile:

edindave

Über Member
thats good to hear dave, got a work colleague whos a cat 2 racer and he roasted me for buying them saying they were too flexy and other such PRO level nonsense

Maybe they are flexy, that could be what's holding back my racing career... :laugh: but they seem to be pretty bomb-proof and have coped with two years of sh*te Scottish roads!

DelB

Decathlon customer service manager just phoned me to offer the wheels for nothing ^_^ Only paying the £25 quid for new tyres for it, she could not have been nicer and offered any more :thumbsup: Top marks Decathlon, away to pick the bike up now :smile:
That really is top-notch customer service - Well above and beyond. Well done Decathlon. :biggrin:

Zoltan Socrates

Regular
Maybe they are flexy, that could be what's holding back my racing career... :laugh: but they seem to be pretty bomb-proof and have coped with two years of sh*te Scottish roads!
lol i know mate, but you know what they are like up there in rapha land, its not a wheel until its laden with carbon and has four spokes
fwiw i think the aks have been a damn good buy and im swithering with some swiss side wheels or sticking some ceramic bearings in them but really not at the moment, theyre still only 9 months old ans so far the only think that has flexed has been my posteriors exit when i see the wat @DelB attacks some of those climbs

Top Bottom