Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Are you allowed to do these sportives without a road bike? I only have a flat bar/hybrid.

Re. The Edinburgh Bike Co-op problem, I got my bike from them last year and within a few weeks had to get the back wheel fixed as there was a few looses spokes and it had gone out of true, at the time I put it down to excessive weight on the bike...

Most of them any bike will do, you just need to wear a helmet have a serviceable bike and go at a minimum speed (usually 13 mph).

Col5632

Guru
Most of them any bike will do, you just need to wear a helmet have a serviceable bike and go at a minimum speed (usually 13 mph).

I don't think i've done one with a minimum speed before :cycle:

Fubar

Guru
Cheers mate, will have to speed up/slim down a bit then!

Don't want to put you off - the Etape caledonia has a minimum speed to get round with the closed roads - you can still finish but might not get a medal etc. first year I did it they opened the roads while I was still going and got my medal, last year managed to get round ok. Probably they just put these things in to cover themselves!

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
White bar tape.

Why?
So we replace it when it gets filthy! I have black tape to out on, but scared of screwing it up this close o Saturday when I am away all week :sad:

Top Bottom