Hurricane watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a leaf clearing job at this time of the year and there is usually a storm late October/early November which blows them away and saves me a bit of work - but not a sodding hint of wind last night:sad:.

Traffic carnage in Ipswich. Orwell bridge was closed so all HGV's on way to Felixstowe diverted through town. Many roads blocked due to fallen trees and reports of a double decker bus getting blown over. Wheelie bins were flying around like exocet missiles. Took me 10 mins longer to cycle in :bicycle:
But not a hair on your head was out of place.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just got back from walking the hound in the woods. Much mayhem. Many branches ripped off, including some at least as big as my waist, and at least two or three trees blown right over - not to horizontal, but coming to rest on other trees, at a 30 degree angle. By far & away the most damage I've seen in the 15+ years I've been going there.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What a surprise. The media sh!tes it off a little wind and wain then nothing happens.

It was the same during The Winter of 2010. The North of England had been a frozen wasteland for a month with no incident or coverage. Then a few flakes of snow fell near London and the end of days was upon us.
Even worse, a crane falls on the cabinet office on a Monday morning, for god's sake! No wonder no one was injured.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Damage done... a panel covered in the traily vine stuff got sort of blowed out IMGP2913.JPG

And the tropical looking type tree on the right lost two of its older branches, it used to look like a Y shape, now it is more of an I shape
IMGP2918.JPG IMGP2919.JPG

Top Bottom