Hurricane watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was asleep...

Never mind. One day!

Next report is/should be at 17.54, who knows, you might just get lucky if its still whirling about in the North Sea somewhere.

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
So pathetic that I'm not even going to bother, you should be ashamed enough as it is without me having to say anything.

OK i'm ashamed of 6 trees down, 3 greenhouses gone, i garage door ripped off, i shed dismantled and numerous roof tiles lost, oh and one young life taken from us.

Thats how pathetic it was in my small part of Kent.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I have to admit, I think the train operating companies and Network Rail got it right. I would rather be stuck at home than stuck on a packed train in the middle of nowhere trying to get into work. Fair play to them.

RedRider

Pulling through
Properly blown into work this morning, full on tailwind! As a bonus it'd died down by this evening so not much of a headwind back. Completely missed the worst gusts being asleep and all that so was really surprised to find I had to cycle round a large tree that'd been uprooted and ditched in the road and two more places where big branches blocked the way (all in the space of 2-3 urban miles). Also a load of slates were blown off the roof of one of my work sites. Happily, only parked cars were damaged!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Not sure I can get longwave, and I read that message bang on 6pm anyway....

I managed to miss it too, it seemed to be on slightly earlier, but looking at the website I don't think you really missed anything anyway.

Anyway yes, I really was up at 5 this morning and heard them say, but I was a bit distracted at the time so had to listen to it again on iPlayer later to confirm I had heard it properly.

I'm not sure whether be be pleased or be mildly embarrassed at my geekyness!! :laugh:

The storm was Here, There and Everywhere. It was called Jude. It blew down the Helter Skelter at Clacton. It blew down a big ball at Old Street. Hang on, that last one doesn't work.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
1385670_10202363371985166_355632162_n.jpg

Top Bottom