Hurricane watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
It rained a bit in the night here...

It's bloody typical southern bias. Gale force winds forecast for the south, headlines read 'Country preparing for storm' etc etc.

Had the storm track been further north, there would have been hardly a mention. Bloody southerners* (or, at least, in deference to the excellent folk on here who happen to live in the south....) bloody southern media idiots.....

*I would like to point out that although my location may appear to be 'south' I only live here because Mr Spinney works down here - my heart is in the north...
I rest my case. I didn't see warnings of this all over the media in the last few days...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sky weather has been saying for a few days that the south west and west and northern ireland can expect storm force winds and heavy rain this weekend. Here today in west wales the winds have increased as has the rain. It is worse here today than it was last weekend.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Sky weather has been saying for a few days that the south west and west and northern ireland can expect storm force winds and heavy rain this weekend. Here today in west wales the winds have increased as has the rain. It is worse here today than it was last weekend.
Yes, but before The Storm last weekend, it was all over the BBC as well. I don't watch much TV, just look at the BBC website for news, usually, and never noticed any storm warnings on there. Unlikely to affect London/SE = not worth reporting on main BBC website.

classic33

Leg End Member
The Perfect Storm is on again on ITV2.
You should have heeded Rickshaw Phils warning.

Also with a depression coming in & deepening, from the West, its going to get worse tomorrow.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just been to a professional display and they managed ok with the fireworks. Blooming frozen now.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well the pressure is dropping & the winds are set to increase early Sunday morning, and the SE will not escape it. They're due to get it later on Sunday.
Depression moving in from the Atlantic & deepening as it moves across & down the country.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I rest my case. I didn't see warnings of this all over the media in the last few days...
Something over 60% of the population of the UK live in the area affected by last Monday's storm. The whole population of Wales is only 3 million - less than 5%. Is it any surprise that one received more attention than the other?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Not that surprising, but there must be many people (like me) fed up with announcers on TV/radio complaining about how bad the weather is when it's lovely outside, or vice versa.
You can imagine what's in like in the rainy South-East when Martin Handley starts going on about how lovely it is through his window in the Radio 3 studio in Salford...

Top Bottom