Hurricane watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ceejayh

Damage done... a panel covered in the traily vine stuff got sort of blowed out View attachment 31616

And the tropical looking type tree on the right lost two of its older branches, it used to look like a Y shape, now it is more of an I shape
View attachment 31617 View attachment 31618

That's a strange way for a fence to get blown out....are you sure you haven't got a big wolf that's done that :biggrin:.

I guess we're lucky (again) around here - it's very rare we get the extremes in weather that you lot get. Something to do with the Welsh hills....apparently!!!

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
That's a strange way for a fence to get blown out....are you sure you haven't got a big wolf that's done that :biggrin:.

I guess we're lucky (again) around here - it's very rare we get the extremes in weather that you lot get. Something to do with the Welsh hills....apparently!!!
:laugh:

It is but I think it is because it has that really thick vine stuff on it, that is so tough and thick at the top the wind just could not break that bit, the other side is sort of at a long alleyway with a solid gate, so I assume it sort of whooshed up there and had to escape somewhere

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
2735439 said:
Sorry Mr P. I survived the journey, just a few small branches and twigs on the road. I was a bit slow on the Brompton but I shall put that down to a week off eating pies at every meal. Not too slow though as a famous TV personality passed me twice, I assume he must have stopped for something.
I did take a weird route that didn't work out too well. There was some nasty traffic on CS7 due to a motorcyclist being hit by a car.
I presume that you carried straight down the A23 to oval?

Rezillo

TwoSheds
All a bit of a non-event in Mid Suffolk until 7.45am when the wind speed rapidly increased, peaking with a 77mph gust at 8.10am before dying back around 8.30am. This blew over a couple of lorries on the A140 (one visible from our house), a bus at Hadleigh, brought down a load of trees and cut the power for a few minutes.All very brief but nevertheless the third highest windspeed we've recorded here in 20 years.

Our power came back but we seem to be the exception rather than the rule locally. Rang a few friends in the area, none of whom have power several hours later. Most minor roads have trees down but can get from A to B with a bit of effort.

Snapped from our house:

lorry.jpg

Our weather station record:

wind24.jpg

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
All a bit of a non-event in Mid Suffolk until 7.45am when the wind speed rapidly increased, peaking with a 77mph gust at 8.10am before dying back around 8.30am. This blew over a couple of lorries on the A140 (one visible from our house), a bus at Hadleigh, brought down a load of trees and cut the power for a few minutes.All very brief but nevertheless the third highest windspeed we've recorded here in 20 years.

Yeah that timing was the same here in Ipswich, I left the gym just before 8 heading west and on a couple of occasions it blew me to a standstill. Got into work just after 8:40 and it seemed to be dying down in strength

Sandra6

Veteran
I'm a bit nervous of this here storm, it seems not to have made it this far north - does that mean we'll be hit tomorrow when we're not expecting it?!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm a bit nervous of this here storm, it seems not to have made it this far north - does that mean we'll be hit tomorrow when we're not expecting it?!

Nah, it's headed off to the continent, I think.

Nothing more than heavy rain in Manchester (par for the course then), and in York it seems to be chilly but dry, although it must have rained earlier looking at the ground.

We didn't seem to have much rain down here in Broadstairs (unless it rained in the night and I slept through it, but generally it does wake me if heavy rain is hitting the window).

Mrs Salad and I went for a walk along the beach at about 9.30. The wind was a bit gusty, but certainly not the "hurricane" that we had been led to believe was on the way. The sun was shining and all in all it was a lovely walk.

Now all we can do is to hope is that our other house, which is still in the process of being sold, has survived intact. We will take a trip up to check it over tomorrow......

Bryony

Veteran
We didn't seem to have much rain down here in Broadstairs (unless it rained in the night and I slept through it, but generally it does wake me if heavy rain is hitting the window).

Mrs Salad and I went for a walk along the beach at about 9.30. The wind was a bit gusty, but certainly not the "hurricane" that we had been led to believe was on the way. The sun was shining and all in all it was a lovely walk.

Now all we can do is to hope is that our other house, which is still in the process of being sold, has survived intact. We will take a trip up to check it over tomorrow......
I'm in Ramsgate it was raining fairly hard at about 2am and it was pretty windy but not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Not far away from you two in a small cul de sac on top of a hill near West Malling the residents lost 6 trees, 3 greenhouses, i shed, i garage door and numerous roof tiles. One tree went through a neighbours kitchen window

Apparently most of the damage occurred after 5am too.

It was bad enough.

Top Bottom