Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
only 2 miles each way here so hardly even get on the bike! :tongue: so a real sprint i find i usually make it into
Cheers Ed

Torvil

16 mile round trip, on shift so for four months of the year, I don't cycle in daylight.
My ride is rural and if I'm lucky I don't see a car either.
A lonely solitary ride at times, but it allows me to push myself, or just chill a bit after a 12 hour nightshirt..
Thank goodness for Cree and flashing lights, and Strava.

clid61

Veteran
18 mile round trip , work 12 hour shifts too , so as above, dont cycle in daylight either for a good part of the year. Put the road bike away for winter and use the mountain bike with slicks or studded tyres till it warms up . On the bright side the days are getting longer now !

Torvil

I like what you're saying clid61, but I think it's going to get colder as well!
Still your road bikes going to feel like a rocket when the summer comes with all that MTB pushing.

Manu3172

Regular
5 miles each way but I would not be able to do much more every day (particularly in winter)...The premises of my company are going to be moved 5 miles further next year :-(

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
5 miles each way but I would not be able to do much more every day (particularly in winter)...The premises of my company are going to be moved 5 miles further next year :-(

Then it will give you more then enough time to build up your stamina and speed.

David L

Über Member
14 mile round trip. Hate the heavy traffic on the way home :sad:. Going to start going the longer ways as the normal way is not far enough

JamesTaylor02

Currently doing just over 6 miles per day when I'm closer to work, if I'm further out I'll drive. Looking to cycle the 12 miles or so it is when I'm further out once I get my hands on something a little more nimble than the MTB that I have. Would be nice to have something more suited to what I'm doing at the moment.

Top Bottom