Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dibs

Veteran
20 mile round trip.

Just restarted doing it. I'm doing this currently once a week, will probs my step it up to twice or three times a week next year!

Stephen C

Über Member
Just over 30 mile round trip, a mix of some nice quiet country roads and busier A roads, and it's all flat as a pancake as things tend to be in Cambridge.

4.5 miles each way - if its sunny i'll take the long way home :smile:

Blert596

21 mile round trip that I do either two or three times a week. You get the odd loony in a car, but once you've got used to knowing where they're likely to want to pull out or push past to turn left 3 feet in front of you then it's really quite a joy. Even in the rain. And St Vincent St is a nice little burn up before the end :smile:

http://www.strava.com/activities/86585049

There's a slightly longer cycle route that takes in the canal path/cycle path but to be honest I wouldn't take my bike along it. Minging!

mrBishboshed

Oh well, I only voted for my one way distance. Duh! 22 mile round trip through the Essex countryside. Absolutely love it. Very quiet roads and just the right amount of hills. (Yes Essex does have a few.) It's a bummer though because I can't do it as often as I would like. I would cycle to work every day if I didn't need to visit customers and look presentable. I will continue to pester the boss to get a shower installed and to purchase a pool car for business use.
I still try and do a few miles in the morning before I leave if It's a car day.

DG145

Regular
My commute (usually 5 days per week) is West Lothian into Edinburgh - which is 20 miles one way. Generally, due to time and energy levels, I'll cycle to the nearest train station and get the train most of the way home. So, on those days the commute is around 25 miles in total. At least once a week I also cycle home - so on those days: 40 miles.

Top Bottom