Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Physically too I'd imagine.

I quite like this blend of old school massive scores and putting the boot in to go for the win.

Interesting how the top 4 are all small first innings and large second innings.

Yes. And oddly, Pakistan have the highest "Diff" in both categories!

They are all pretty bonkers games. Most of the top 10 were draws, this one was crazy:
2nd Test, Eden Gardens, March 11 - 15, 2001, Australia tour of India

Australia Flag
Australia
(T:384) 445 & 212
India Flag
India
(fo) 171 & 657/7d
India won by 171 runs
... despite following on.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already on here, but I've just heard on the radio that those records were achieved in an empty ground, meaning no or few spectators were present. Why was this! 🤔

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already on here, but I've just heard on the radio that those records were achieved in an empty ground, meaning no or few spectators were present. Why was this! 🤔

1st I've heard. I knew the ground wasn't FULL. You could definitely hear Indians cheering their batters on the R5 feed yesterday.

Have you looked for any clips e.g. on YouTube?

AndyRM

XOXO
The last minute venue decisions would be the main one: it was only a fortnight ago the series was confirmed as going ahead in Pakistan.

Also a "boring" track, Pakistan on the back of a series defeat to Bangladesh and the overall decline of interest in Test cricket in Pakistan.

Great result for England. They only took an over more to post nearly 300 more runs in the first innings which shows how dominant the approach was.

newts

Veteran
It looked liked there were only a few hundred spectators each day in a ground with a capacity of ~35,000.
Plenty of naysayers trolling the internet decrying Englands performance on day 2 when Pakistan has posted >550 runs on the first innings :biggrin:
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom