Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
England have definitely given themselves a route to victory. But I still contend that this type of surface isn’t selling test matches to a new audience.
The analysis by @T4tomo is pretty much spot on, but we are still 100 behind. England have to bat very long. Could they get a 250 lead by tea tomorrow? Then look to apply early pressure. 800 runs on the board does funny things to the opposing batters.
There doesn’t appear to be any route for a Pakistan win unless the pitch deteriorates dramatically.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Yes the analysis by @T4tomo is spot on which looks how it might play out. I’m really pleased with the way England have approached it as there was a danger they would go full on, bat well, get bowled out and still be 100 behind. As it is they are in a great position. The change this year in Root‘s approach to Bazzball has given them a new depth.

Alex321

Guru
Wicket first ball!

AndyRM

XOXO
I hope this is a joke...

Screenshot 2024-10-10 at 10.57.07.png

AndyRM

XOXO
WTF is "Expected Batting Average" and how is it calculated?

Looking it up, it seems to be a baseball term, I can't find any references to it in respect of cricket.

Apparently it's been around for a couple of years - a CricViz invention.

I neither know nor care how it's calculated. Utterly pointless, like "Expected Goals" in football.

Top Bottom