Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
That Bristol pitch always looks like they were growing cabbages on it last week.
After day one this week it was deemed unsafe to play on. Why ECB continue with playing around with hybrid pitchers and different balls. Lord knows and at the sharp end of the session too.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Wowser, just checked the scores, i'd forgot we started on a Monday this week, still with the kookaburra I believe , Yorks skittled Leic for 98 in 25 frenetic overs, at one point they were 15-7 :wacko: . Yorks were in a spot of bother at 56-4, recovery of sorts to 109-5. Some steady lower order runs could be very decisive here

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Wowser, just checked the scores, i'd forgot we started on a Monday this week, still with the kookaburra I believe , Yorks skittled Leic for 98 in 25 frenetic overs, at one point they were 15-7 :wacko: . Yorks were in a spot of bother at 56-4, recovery of sorts to 109-5. Some steady lower order runs could be very decisive here
Coad bowled nicely kept it a good line , at one point with 5 down they'd only managed 2 real scoring shots.
Leic need a result so are playing on a result pitch which back fired after losing the toss. Going into tomorrow with a lead of 165 will do nicely. Nice to see Tattersall leading from the front 90 no at close hopefully he will at least get 100.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Coad bowled nicely kept it a good line , at one point with 5 down they'd only managed 2 real scoring shots.
Leic need a result so are playing on a result pitch which back fired after losing the toss. Going into tomorrow with a lead of 165 will do nicely. Nice to see Tattersall leading from the front 90 no at close hopefully he will at least get 100.

Were / are you there in person or just watching the YCCC feed?

It looked very green on the feed video, particularly on one camera ^_^

It does look to have calmed down a bit, lets hope it still has some spice when we get to bowl again. The kookaburra often does quite abit whe hard,, but goes soft early are doesn't reverse as much later on..

Bonus lower order runs from Fisher, past his 50, Tatts has a ton, 100 partnership reached plus another batting point reached this morning

tom73

Guru
Were / are you there in person or just watching the YCCC feed?

It looked very green on the feed video, particularly on one camera ^_^

It does look to have calmed down a bit, lets hope it still has some spice when we get to bowl again. The kookaburra often does quite abit whe hard,, but goes soft early are doesn't reverse as much later on..

Bonus lower order runs from Fisher, past his 50, Tatts has a ton, 100 partnership reached plus another batting point reached this morning

no bbc commentary
It is a green track for sure , but if you work at it you can get run's. Having bowling that less controlled than ours was is helping too. Fishers is going well just hit is FC highest score, this partnership is proving very handy Tattersall is ticking along nicely.
Hope the weather holds a bit longer and see how it go's this morning.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hope the weather holds a bit longer and see how it go's this morning.

I have a fear that the weather might do for us😭. still great mornings work, 281 lead, lets hope Coad & Fisher get the ball zipping around after lunch.

I have a fear that the weather might do for us😭. still great mornings work, 281 lead, lets hope Coad & Fisher get the ball zipping around after lunch.
I think you'll be okay.I can see you winning by an innings.
Fancy putting these last county championship games in September when the weather is so changeable.
That's the ECB for you with their preference for "pyjama" cricket

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Not much prospect of getting out after an early tea at Grace road. Mornings fine afternoons showery Tmr & Thurs

Also gloomy at Lord at least, Glous need to hang on in there as thing get a lot simpler if they draw. Lords looks good for play tmr most of the day and Thurs am.

tom73

Guru

Think that will be it for the day , just as we got going nicely already 2 two down. Unless the weather holds out it's looking like a draw sadly.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Think that will be it for the day , just as we got going nicely already 2 two down. Unless the weather holds out it's looking like a draw sadly.

Weather looks marginally better in London, although heavy rain due overnight down here Thurs particularly looks like more dry spells.

Leicester looks showery one and off.

Our game is much further on though, we need 8 wickets and have 246 runs to play with before we need to bat again. Middx need 15 wickets, have 223 runs (+ an innings) to play with, but only 73 runs / 5 wkts as the equation before they have to bat next up and then make a declaration judgement.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Glous have avoided the follow on which is good news.
Yorks have taken just the one wicket this morning and been off for rain, back on for 7 balls, and now an early lunch.....
this is frustrating

T4tomo

Legendary Member
it looking better now, Ahmed just gone to leave Leic 7 down still 98 behind. Yorks need 3 wkts for victory

Glous quite charitably declared on 309-9, but they are off again for rain, Midd currently have a lead of 111 with 9 wickets in hand to set Glos a target to chase / ignore and bat for draw at some point tmr.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well what an odd last hour at Lords, Middx, having made a rapid start to setting a target collapsed to 165 all out. Glos need 234 to win today. Obvs Middx could very well still win this, seemingly modest targets get tricky if early wickets go down, but they draw is pretty much out of the equation with decent weather forecast.

Surrey can all but wrap up the title Div 1, Somerset are 190 ahead with 1 wkt left, but the Vaughan junior /Leach demolition of Surrey order in their first inning will leave Somerset thinking they have a decent chance on a turning wicket, especially as Banton is in as the no 11, batting with an injured ankle if him and Overton can add a few more to their 40 stand.

Top Bottom