Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@newts
Yeah the blooming Chappell brothers.
It still makes me laugh when i think of a young Ian Botham offering loud mouth Ian Chappell to come outside.
I think "Beefy" still hates him.

There is some moving stuff about Graham Thorpe in amongst today's Test coverage. e.g. from the Guardian page:

"Nasser Hussain and Mike Atherton are paying tribute to Graham Thorpe on Sky Sports. Nasser was choking up from almost the first word. “He was always there for me in my darkest moments, and that’s what I’m saddest about now: I wasn’t there for him in his darkest moment.”

You can always rely on Nasser for bracing honesty. We need to talk about this stuff so much more – not just somebody taking their own life but also the wider social context. That’s the only way things we’ll start to understand this vile illness."

"He was just a really good guy and a great, great player"

Nasser Hussain pays a touching tribute and remembers his friend, Graham Thorpe ❤️ pic.twitter.com/jI9qrptuHX
— Sky Sports Cricket (@SkyCricket) August 21, 2024

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Looking on Cricinfo last night following a piece at the bottom of an article re a T20 WC qualifier. They mentioned the womens record for runs off 1 over was 52, so I thought I need to look into that. Whilst I admit it's not a world class match, Argentina v Chile, 1st T20, Arg amassed 472-1 at a RR of 21.35 per over! :eek:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Looking on Cricinfo last night following a piece at the bottom of an article re a T20 WC qualifier. They mentioned the womens record for runs off 1 over was 52, so I thought I need to look into that. Whilst I admit it's not a world class match, Argentina v Chile, 1st T20, Arg amassed 472-1 at a RR of 21.35 per over! :eek:

They managed 72 no balls in total (I think) 17 of which were in the "52" over. I also don't think any 6s were hit. I presume a number of double bounce no balls were pummelled for 4, and of course you then get the extra ball, having already scored 5...

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
They managed 72 no balls in total (I think) 17 of which were in the "52" over. I also don't think any 6s were hit. I presume a number of double bounce no balls were pummelled for 4, and of course you then get the extra ball, having already scored 5...

I also just looked at the 2nd match, Chile bowled out for 19, which included 15 extras. I think it's time they gave up!!!

newts

Veteran
Wednesday start for a test match threw me, only just catching up with an exciting first session (in between a bit of work).
Kusal Mendis' thumb is going to be sore after diverting a snorter from Woods into Brooks' hands

Top Bottom