Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Boom Glos have beaten Middx! :okay:

Surrey, having lost 3 quick wickets to Somersets spinners, are digging in. 67 runs off 44 overs so far - glacial. I don't think they're bothered about the winning target as a draw pretty much dents any hopes of Somerset overhauling them.

newts

Veteran
Boom Glos have beaten Middx! :okay:

Surrey, having lost 3 quick wickets to Somersets spinners, are digging in. 67 runs off 44 overs so far - glacial. I don't think they're bothered about the winning target as a draw pretty much dents any hopes of Somerset overhauling them.

Surrey lose their last 6 wickets for 13 runs as Somerset win by 111 runs, up the cider boys🍻

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Surrey lose their last 6 wickets for 13 runs as Somerset win by 111 runs, up the cider boys🍻

Surrey needed what 220 in 80 plus overs. They probably would have been better served going for the win. Somerset would have had to set more defensive fields.
But yes games on at the top of Div 1. Would prefer to see Somerset Win it

newts

Veteran
Can you name all the fielding positions as Somerset have everyone around the bat?
1726167407140.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Can you name all the fielding positions as Somerset have everyone around the bat?
View attachment 745066

Exactly my point on Surrey should have been looking to score runs earlierin their innings, the Somerset wouldnt have been able to set such attacking fields 👍

anyway you have 3 slips, a fly-slip, silly point, silly mid-off, Wkt keeper, leg-slip, short leg, silly mid on, bowler.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
penultimate round just got underway, generally good weather forecast, still a lot to play for in both divisions, game on or maybe "play"

T4tomo

Legendary Member
solid starts by both yorks vs Glam and Derby vs middx. Glos are crumbling vs Sussex so D2 title looks in the bag for them

Top Bottom