Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yesterday when i was climb Alpe du Zwift my trainer difficulty first third of that climb was 50% and then i change it to 75% and ride it to summit with that setting. Probably depends on a day which setting suit me better but cadence didn't change, effort remains same.
But presumably you changed down a gear or two? That's effectively what the difficulty setting is doing - artificially changing your gearing effectively

bobinski

Legendary Member
Anyone gonna keep me company today in the C’s?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well, as Wiggle appear to be closing out the sale of the Neo, I would guess supplies have dried up and the Neo2 will be along shortly, they have dropped the Price to £829 ... Was too tempting to resist at that price :biggrin: ... Awaiting delivery keenly now.
Bit of a stupid question, and I suppose I should have asked it before ...

... What tools are required to fit the cassette to the Neo?

I may be able to find a chain whip from around 30 years ago, but I guess my 6 Speed Deore XT freehub tool isn't going to be much use??

JuhaL

Guru
But presumably you changed down a gear or two? That's effectively what the difficulty setting is doing - artificially changing your gearing effectively
You are right, it change two gears, actually 75% didn't leave any back-up gears left.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bit of a stupid question, and I suppose I should have asked it before ...

... What tools are required to fit the cassette to the Neo?

I may be able to find a chain whip from around 30 years ago, but I guess my 6 Speed Deore XT freehub tool isn't going to be much use??

If you are fitting a new cassette and not removing from an old freehub. You need the Shimano tool https://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-ca...xOx2mY7FRfbbaNIKb4w-1uXVMPrwKUlIaAkxCEALw_wcB

It says 40Nm for torque tightness, but get it hand tight then about 1/4 turn for full tightness. Just hold the flywheel whilst tightening

If you have issues with the derailleur catching the flywheel on the inside sprocket, you need to fit either one or both of these tiny washers behind the black sleave you see on the shaft
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/zwift-bkool-splitter-chat.215190/post-5479651

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
For Sure, I won't be using the Neo to climb the Zoncolan, Stelvio or Ventoux :rofl:

As an aside, I was reading the discussion of the Garmin Takeover of Tacx on DC Rainmakers Site. I asked the question about the Climb integration, and he has suggested that it may well be in trouble anyway, and that Wahoo have done it to others in the past!
I think you should re-ride the Zonconlan so that you get to experience the true effects of the Neo :evil:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I think you should re-ride the Zonconlan so that you get to experience the true effects of the Neo :evil:
Let me think about that for a bit and get back to you.

:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

NO! :rofl:

mjd1988

Guru
Are we doing Discord for tonight's ride?

I wouldn't mind trying it out but given that it is at half 5 probably won't have time to figure it out for this race.

I've also started listening to podcasts on the turbo so you may not want to hear Simon Mayos gentle wittering when you are going all out on a sprint effort!

Top Bottom