Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ill go with B and see how i get on. My W/kg is below B threshold, but my power can sometimes overcome this. Ive not got any rides registered in this route, so dont know what to expect. I know there are some bumps on course

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just found another temptation

https://www.nytro.com/blogs/nytro-blog/pinarello-dyodo/

USA only though :cry:

Nice looking bike for sure. Very much like the Ribble.

It has a much better top speed assist of 20mph, I think the 15mph is a tad low in the UK. .
.18mph really should be the speed. That will allow a slower rider just enough to stay with a pack on the flats(social riding) and easily catch riders on hills if left behind

I was reading an article about Sean Yates who has been diagnosed with AV (Atrioventricular canal defect), from all the years of high competitive racing he believes. He now uses an electric Ribble.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...turns-e-bike-keep-riding-health-scares-407370

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Steen Gotham ride.png
Steen done the course, pretty quick https://www.strava.com/activities/2142062591#54078986754

Hang on a minute, really odd power graph, very much like the 'Sawtooth' Bkool days

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Nice looking bike for sure. Very much like the Ribble.

It has a much better top speed assist of 20mph, I think the 15mph is a tad low in the UK. .
.18mph really should be the speed. That will allow a slower rider just enough to stay with a pack on the flats(social riding) and easily catch riders on hills if left behind

I was reading an article about Sean Yates who has been diagnosed with AV (Atrioventricular canal defect), from all the years of high competitive racing he believes. He now uses an electric Ribble.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...turns-e-bike-keep-riding-health-scares-407370
My Cube is 15mph/25kmh. It has a very smooth transition from on to off and back. On flatish roads I usually end up just over the limit so get no assistance and to be honest I don't need it. But once going up hill you can feel the various levels of assistance.

The funny thing is you end up going along hillier routes just to make use of the assistance. However you end up getting a fair workout as the assistance, from the Fazua motor, seems to be in proportion to your input no matter what assistance level you have set. I hit my highest HR ever riding up a hill, I've ridden before on a non assist bike, on the Cube.

They're fun to ride. Also they seem to be getting better and cheaper. If you want the best system I think it is the Fazua, if you are after the best stealth it'll be the ebikemotion. The Fazua has slightly more torque and can be used with any wheelset. But the ebikemotion can be used with a wider range of drivetrains.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
There is a good GCN video comparing the Giant Advance Propel 0 and the Top end Giant E Rode bike ... Looking at what they said they would be great for people recovering, or just trying to keep up with a fitter rider (My wife and I come to mind) ... If you had more assist / or a higher speed, then you would have the e-Bike riders waiting at the top of climbs, rather than the fitter ones waiting for the less fit.

Of course having a 500W/Hr Battery (IIRC) helps to do a 160Km ride over 4 passes in the alps and still have 15% battery remaining!! As does strong legs anyway :rofl:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
View attachment 452121 Steen done the course, pretty quick https://www.strava.com/activities/2142062591#54078986754

Hang on a minute, really odd power graph, very much like the 'Sawtooth' Bkool days

It resembles the graph at the bottom of Zwift as well… It is the just the way I ride, power on, power off->draft, losing positions, power on to regain position in front half, power off->draft… Also I have no power smoothing enabled (that I know of) on my Direto, so the power will fluctuate greatly.

Will probably look different in a H&H race, as people tend to work together and nobody tries to ride off the front. I'm not Summit member on Strava, so I can't see those graphs, but please post the one from the H&H on February 6th.

I expect the finish time for the front B's tonight will be 45-48 minutes max. I got dropped a few times yesterday, and rode alone a few km, which of course doesn't help...

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Of course having a 500W/Hr Battery (IIRC) helps to do a 160Km ride over 4 passes in the alps and still have 15% battery remaining!! As does strong legs anyway :rofl:
Most of the bikes available are coming with a 250W/hr battery iirc. There are additional batteries available for expanded range but I am not sure of price.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I think the 160km example was an extreme test. Most folk would be happy with 30-50miles of assistance. 40 miles was too much for my Mrs, but 20 miles unassisted was fine

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Most of the bikes available are coming with a 250W/hr battery iirc. There are additional batteries available for expanded range but I am not sure of price.
250w/hr .... that's my target :laugh: maybe I should get one, I'd set some pretty good PBs on Zwift with that :biggrin: Alpe du Zwift anyone :whistle:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It resembles the graph at the bottom of Zwift as well… It is the just the way I ride, power on, power off->draft, losing positions, power on to regain position in front half, power off->draft… Also I have no power smoothing enabled (that I know of) on my Direto, so the power will fluctuate greatly.

Will probably look different in a H&H race, as people tend to work together and nobody tries to ride off the front. I'm not Summit member on Strava, so I can't see those graphs, but please post the one from the H&H on February 6th.

I expect the finish time for the front B's tonight will be 45-48 minutes max. I got dropped a few times yesterday, and rode alone a few km, which of course doesn't help...
I don't pay for Strava but I can see these graphs ... on the left hand side, towards the top, click on 'Analysis' (I think) and you can see cadence, power, speed etc for the ride. You can then highlight a segment of the side and see the figures just for the highlighted period :okay: It's really useful

bobinski

Legendary Member
There is a good GCN video comparing the Giant Advance Propel 0 and the Top end Giant E Rode bike ... Looking at what they said they would be great for people recovering, or just trying to keep up with a fitter rider (My wife and I come to mind) ... If you had more assist / or a higher speed, then you would have the e-Bike riders waiting at the top of climbs, rather than the fitter ones waiting for the less fit.

Link?

Top Bottom