Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It resembles the graph at the bottom of Zwift as well… It is the just the way I ride, power on, power off->draft, losing positions, power on to regain position in front half, power off->draft… Also I have no power smoothing enabled (that I know of) on my Direto, so the power will fluctuate greatly.

Will probably look different in a H&H race, as people tend to work together and nobody tries to ride off the front. I'm not Summit member on Strava, so I can't see those graphs, but please post the one from the H&H on February 6th.

I expect the finish time for the front B's tonight will be 45-48 minutes max. I got dropped a few times yesterday, and rode alone a few km, which of course doesn't help...

Nothing wrong with those graphs. Good riding just like the pros, on and then off when drafting and conserving energy for the next on. :thumbsup:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It resembles the graph at the bottom of Zwift as well… It is the just the way I ride, power on, power off->draft, losing positions, power on to regain position in front half, power off->draft… Also I have no power smoothing enabled (that I know of) on my Direto, so the power will fluctuate greatly.

Will probably look different in a H&H race, as people tend to work together and nobody tries to ride off the front. I'm not Summit member on Strava, so I can't see those graphs, but please post the one from the H&H on February 6th.

I expect the finish time for the front B's tonight will be 45-48 minutes max. I got dropped a few times yesterday, and rode alone a few km, which of course doesn't help...
Hi, as I said earlier I don't have Summit/pay for Strava, but i can see my graphs like this :okay:

Notice the sudden spike in power 3/4 of the way through? This is where I lost connection, resistance peaked and suddenly I'm pushing through treacle for a few seconds and it sends power through the roof (and cadence drops!).

For anyone interested, notice my average watts for the period (47 mins as highlighted) is 258 :wahhey:

Let's hope I can do something similar tonight :training:

PowerGraph.png

Aleman

Well, as Wiggle appear to be closing out the sale of the Neo, I would guess supplies have dried up and the Neo2 will be along shortly, they have dropped the Price to £829 ... Was too tempting to resist at that price :biggrin: ... Awaiting delivery keenly now.

My Smart Pro has been throwing out some very silly numbers recently ... in the Sub2 ride yesterday I had a spike of 928W!! and recorded over 1200W on another ride. That and the fact that it's refusing to perform properly in Zwift workouts was enough for me to say. "Enough Now!"

Whorty

I have a conundrum today ... remote server at work down so couldn't log on this morning. Decided to take day off and work tomorrow instead ... this means I have all day to do 'stuff' ... I could therefore get on the bike for a long Zwift sesh, but then I'll have nothing left for the 17:30 race later. So do I .....

1) Jump on Zwift at 2 ish, and do a long one until 17:30 then race, knowing I'll be dropped in the first few miles, but actually burning off loads of calories?

2) Waste my time on here all day, but put in a good showing at 17:30

I could also of course do 1) but then do the re-ride on Sunday to set a good time, but I like to go long ob Sunday too so that plan will back fire. I guess big question is, how important is setting a good time compared to doing extra miles and working towards my weight loss goal?!?!? :wacko:

Whorty

Well, as Wiggle appear to be closing out the sale of the Neo, I would guess supplies have dried up and the Neo2 will be along shortly, they have dropped the Price to £829 ... Was too tempting to resist at that price :biggrin: ... Awaiting delivery keenly now.

My Smart Pro has been throwing out some very silly numbers recently ... in the Sub2 ride yesterday I had a spike of 928W!! and recorded over 1200W on another ride. That and the fact that it's refusing to perform properly in Zwift workouts was enough for me to say. "Enough Now!"
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Someone's going to get a shock the first time they use the Neo :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: If others are anything to go by, expect you FTP to drop 20-25% over night :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Welcome to the club :okay:

Aleman

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Someone's going to get a shock the first time they use the Neo :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: If others are anything to go by, expect you FTP to drop 20-25% over night :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Welcome to the club :okay:
For Sure, I won't be using the Neo to climb the Zoncolan, Stelvio or Ventoux :rofl:

As an aside, I was reading the discussion of the Garmin Takeover of Tacx on DC Rainmakers Site. I asked the question about the Climb integration, and he has suggested that it may well be in trouble anyway, and that Wahoo have done it to others in the past!

Whorty

Ah yes, if I press Analysis. :okay:

Actually pretty much the same for the H&H race:

View attachment 452129

I use my Garmin GSC 10 for cadence, but yours look a lot more smooth. Could they be signal droputs?
I have a Wahoo cadence sensor on my shoe - seems to work very well unless I walk too far away from the trainer (e.g to go to loo) - if I do this I have to take show off and leave near trainer/PC :tongue:

Whorty

View attachment 452129

I use my Garmin GSC 10 for cadence, but yours look a lot more smooth. Could they be signal droputs?
I have trainer difficulty set to about 10-20% at the moment to limit gear changes, so fairly easy to keep cadence regular. If reality was closer to 100%, with lots of gear changes, my cadence would be all over the place I think.

bridgy

Legendary Member

View attachment 452129

Your cadence matches your power graph very closely so it's probably OK - just the way you ride I guess? I try and keep my power as steady as possible as I find this the most efficient way of riding, whilst it looks like you're constantly on and off the power. My power and cadence graphs are much more similar to Carl's than yours

JuhaL

Guru
Yesterday when i was climb Alpe du Zwift my trainer difficulty first third of that climb was 50% and then i change it to 75% and ride it to summit with that setting. Probably depends on a day which setting suit me better but cadence didn't change, effort remains same.

Top Bottom