Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
:ninja:

:tongue:
see you in Cat B in a few weeks :okay:

The vagaries of this ranking system mean I'll go from being a regular podiumer, to a bit of an also-ran in B. Oh well - just looked and I beat 10 or so B's today, so not all bad. I've been lucky to date that the B/C dividing line just happened to be around my w/kg.

Breedon

Legendary Member
The vagaries of this ranking system mean I'll go from being a regular podiumer, to a bit of an also-ran in B. Oh well - just looked and I beat 10 or so B's today, so not all bad. I've been lucky to date that the B/C dividing line just happened to be around my w/kg.
I've never been near to a podium as I'm always bumped up a Cat before I get there

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Anyone got any cash I could borrow please? Seems I'm gonna have to get a whole new wardrobe of clothes! Work trousers today a little too baggy, and as for my tight, skinny jeans.... well they are neither any more! I've already added an extra hole to my belt but I'll be adding another soon. And I'm still 10kg from where I aim to be :wacko:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Anyone got any cash I could borrow please? Seems I'm gonna have to get a whole new wardrobe of clothes! Work trousers today a little too baggy, and as for my tight, skinny jeans.... well they are neither any more! I've already added an extra hole to my belt but I'll be adding another soon. And I'm still 10kg from where I aim to be :wacko:

:laugh:

My wife found some shorts from a few years ago, we both could of got in them, good god, I must have been huge :tongue:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
:laugh:

My wife found some shorts from a few years ago, we both could of got in them, good god, I must of been huge :tongue:
I'm at that stage where I could do with some new stuff but ad I plan to lose a lot more weight I need to wait as long as possible as I don't want to waste money. Just gonna have to keep tightening that belt lol

It's really surprising when you've lost weight and try on old clothes to realise how big you was. Always a shock to the system!

Don’t do what I did when I was loosing weight, I bought a new wardrobe of clothes and expensive under amour boxer shorts ,continued to loose and had it all to buy again :blush:^_^ I now have 2 drawers full of too large boxers and shirts

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
It's really surprising when you've lost weight and try on old clothes to realise how big you was. Always a shock to the system!
Yeah, I went from a 34" waist to a 30" and 16" collar to 15" ... unfortunately having krept up a few Kg now means they are a bit tight :cry: The other issue is that with jeans in particular smaller sizes don't necessarily give you a lot of room in the thigh region, and it can be a struggle to get them on, even though they fit on the waist !! :rofl:

Interesting article on Cycling Weekly about why it's important NOT to obsess over weight loss though. To be honest I think I was fine at 65Kg my P/W Was 3.3 to 3.5 and I was sustaining it, I can see the effect of those extra 5Kg as P/W is now 2.9 to 3.1 but actual power hasn't changed as it's still around 230W. On the goats league challenges I was beating @Mugshot and @martin22 , now I've dropped below them as we were around the same P/W mark. :cry:

So I'm not going to obsess about it, just keep an eye on portions, and effort, and possibly only weigh myself fortnightly ... After a good dump of course :rofl:

Yeah, I went from a 34" waist to a 30" and 16" collar to 15

So I'm not going to obsess about it, just keep an eye on portions, and effort, and possibly only weigh myself fortnightly ... After a good dump of course :rofl:

I went from 46” waist to now a 34”waist and collar size 21.5” to 15” ^_^^_^^_^ keep an eye on portion control and cut out a load of the crap I was shovelling in to my fat face:cheers::mrpig:

Top Bottom