Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
you country boys dont go very deep with footings do you ? the big bad wolf could blow your garage down

You rang?

upload_2019-2-11_17-43-20.png

JLaw

Veteran
I've had a look at the upcoming races and can't see any really hilly ones that are repeated at convenient times, so are we all happy doing the Hare & Hounds course again this week? The course is "Gotham Grind", and you can do the H & H race on Wednesday at 17.30 or 19.35, or Thursday at 18.00 (UK times). Also, as @Brusgaard says, a race on this same course is being run at 20.01 tomorrow (KISS Choice - EU PM - short) if you can't make the Hare & Hounds races on Wednesday or Thursday.

I agree it would be good to spice up our league with a hillier race - and possibly a TT where there will be no drafting? But for these we'll probably need to pick individual events and we'll all only have one shot of doing it. Maybe a Saturday or Sunday afternoon would suit most people?
Ugh. The KISS Choice EU PM short is right when I'm hoping to get the clearance to race again, so count me out this week, unless I can find something later Thursday or sometime Friday on the same course.

mjd1988

Guru
zwift-issue.jpg

Funnily enough speaking of excuses... :laugh:

When I crossed the line of the bunch sprint I noticed that my counter started going up from zero and all of a sudden I was "1st" (and lap 3/2!) as everyone else disappeared as I hit the finish line! It did let me "save and discard" but didn't go to menu beforehand so altogether a bit weird. No lags during the race though!

Result didn't save to zwift, zwiftpower or strava. Luckily I figured something weird had happened so got off and took a photo to send for a ticket, every KM counts.

Has that ever happened anyone?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
As a paid up CCer, you are expected to Podium :training:
Bugger, I let us down then earlier as only 17th :sad: Despite pushing 258 watts (a record for me :wahhey:)over 48 mins and having Zwift increase my FTP to 252, and my w/kg at 3.2 :laugh: Lots of sandbaggers today; some D's were pushing B w/kg :rofl: Shameless!

I started off controlled rather than a massive blast. Wasn't sure I'd hang on due to the 100km ride I did yesterday and legs were tired. Actually felt really good though. It's all definitely starting to come together :wahhey:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Looks deeper than the builders doing my extension went, but then there was a solid slab of chalk just below the surface. I think they went 800mm down in the end.
all depends on ground - ive built off footings only 18" in ground for double extension - ive also built of footings 3.5 mt deep just for garage - mind you the building inspector was a tit

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Bugger, I let us down then earlier as only 17th :sad: Despite pushing 258 watts (a record for me :wahhey:)over 48 mins and having Zwift increase my FTP to 252, and my w/kg at 3.2 :laugh: Lots of sandbaggers today; some D's were pushing B w/kg :rofl: Shameless!

I started off controlled rather than a massive blast. Wasn't sure I'd hang on due to the 100km ride I did yesterday and legs were tired. Actually felt really good though. It's all definitely starting to come together :wahhey:
talking of being shameless - i went up box hill the other day trying to keep a steady pace when i noticed someone in the right hand list coming up at me doing a mere 28.5 w/k :excl:he was on the same screen a nano second before he had flashed past - i wonder if anone flagged him

berty bassett

Legendary Member
My building control officer is a friend fellow club cyclist and colleague. Top bloke all round.
we had one bloke who used to bring a little wooden ball with him to check the drains - he would drop it in top manhole and time how long it came out bottom manhole - if it took too long the pipework had to be re-done
he got punched off the scaffold

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I see @Norry1 was on top form again tonight with another B cat level set of power :okay: Please don't leave C just yet Martin, I need you to work with on the H&H league rides :biggrin:

Top Bottom