Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Glad you and your knee are making progress. That is quite an imbalance!

Yeah:laugh:
That was on a wattbike a few weeks ago. I am pretty sure there’s been an improvement since then .
I am going to rest a few days and join you all on the H&H and see if I can stay longer with Carl and Martin.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah:laugh:
That was on a wattbike a few weeks ago. I am pretty sure there’s been an improvement since then .
I am going to rest a few days and join you all on the H&H and see if I can stay longer with Carl and Martin.

I thought the Neo could do individual pedal stroke analysis. Thats what the blurb I read somewhere. I think its the tacx app

Norry1

Legendary Member
A fatty won:bravo:

Maybe - but he pushed higher w/kg up the KOM than I did. Fair play to him.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I steered clear of that Tacx update so have not seen the pedal stroke analysis. Chasing perfect pedal stroke seems a bit like going down the rabbit hole and not necessarily worth the effort. Many of the strongest Cyclists’s have poor or messy pedalling technique. Just like most of us have a leg power imbalance.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I steered clear of that Tacx update so have not seen the pedal stroke analysis. Chasing perfect pedal stroke seems a bit like going down the rabbit hole and not necessarily worth the effort. Many of the strongest Cyclists’s have poor or messy pedalling technique. Just like most of us have a leg power imbalance.

I understand that, I followed TR guidance for improving pedalling stroke. When you nail it you can see cadence and power increase, but it never became instinctive/second nature. I have learnt to vary which muscles i need to switch on or off depending on fatigue, which is quite useful as i begin to tire

bobinski

Legendary Member
I understand that, I followed TR guidance for improving pedalling stroke. When you nail it you can see cadence and power increase, but it never became instinctive/second nature. I have learnt to vary which muscles i need to switch on or off depending on fatigue, which is quite useful as i begin to tire

Andy, you know how sensitive the NEO is to power. I can always see the imbalance between left and right on low cadence (50-70) pedaling. By the end of last week the imbalance had narrowed a fair bit. Now to translate that into a higher cadence.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I've had a look at the upcoming races and can't see any really hilly ones that are repeated at convenient times, so are we all happy doing the Hare & Hounds course again this week? The course is "Gotham Grind", and you can do the H & H race on Wednesday at 17.30 or 19.35, or Thursday at 18.00 (UK times). Also, as @Brusgaard says, a race on this same course is being run at 20.01 tomorrow (KISS Choice - EU PM - short) if you can't make the Hare & Hounds races on Wednesday or Thursday.

I agree it would be good to spice up our league with a hillier race - and possibly a TT where there will be no drafting? But for these we'll probably need to pick individual events and we'll all only have one shot of doing it. Maybe a Saturday or Sunday afternoon would suit most people?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I've had a look at the upcoming races and can't see any really hilly ones that are repeated at convenient times, so are we all happy doing the Hare & Hounds course again this week? The course is "Gotham Grind", and you can do the H & H race on Wednesday at 17.30 or 19.35, or Thursday at 18.00 (UK times). Also, as @Brusgaard says, a race on this same course is being run at 20.01 tomorrow (KISS Choice - EU PM - short) if you can't make the Hare & Hounds races on Wednesday or Thursday.

I agree it would be good to spice up our league with a hillier race - and possibly a TT where there will be no drafting? But for these we'll probably need to pick individual events and we'll all only have one shot of doing it. Maybe a Saturday or Sunday afternoon would suit most people?
Yep, agree with all this. Can we arrange the hilly race later in the league .... you know, once I've lost a bit more weight :whistle::biggrin::rofl:

Last edited:
Top Bottom