Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Just noticed that there is a re-run of last week's Hare & Hounds at 6pm today. May be an opportunity to post a stage 1 time for our CC league if you haven't already. Or @berty bassett may like to ride it a third time? ;) I'm contemplating doing it myself, but think I'll do a workout if I do get the chance today

I don't know if the Sunday 6pm H&H is a regular event. If it is then the lineup would be:
Wednesday's - 17:30, 19:35
Thursday's - 00:25, 03:30, 18:00
Sunday's - 18:00

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Tried to ride with @Aleman but as I was catching him up he vanished into thin air (either that or he turned off the road and I didn't see it!)

Rode another 3 hour / 100 km ride at an average 202 watts. Well chuffed. Same time / distance last week and I only averaged 188 watts so quite a jump in one week :wahhey:

My weight has been below 81.5 for the past 2 days so I'm dropping the weight in Zwift later to 81 kg :thanks:

JuhaL

Guru
Tried to ride with @Aleman but as I was catching him up he vanished into thin air (either that or he turned off the road and I didn't see it!)

Rode another 3 hour / 100 km ride at an average 202 watts. Well chuffed. Same time / distance last week and I only averaged 188 watts so quite a jump in one week :wahhey:

My weight has been below 81.5 for the past 2 days so I'm dropping the weight in Zwift later to 81 kg :thanks:
Good to hear about your progress. I have 1 more night shift to go and then 4 days off and more time on Zwift. Almost year a go i ride last time 100km on Zwift, maybe now it's the time to test myself too.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Sorry @Whorty I turned off to the Aquarium, I didn't fancy doing another lap of the hilly loop as I'd done the KOM from either direction already this morning. So headed for the volcano

Whorty

Sorry @Whorty I turned off to the Aquarium, I didn't fancy doing another lap of the hilly loop as I'd done the KOM from either direction already this morning. So headed for the volcano
Fair enough, no probs. By the time I noticed you'd gone, I turned around and tried to work out where you'd gone but couldn't find you. How far did you ride in the end?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Just 76k ... riding solo is a lot harder than an audax in a group.

Might do the rerun of the #FightALS ride at 18:00. It's actually a good workout 5 mins at 60/70/80/90% with zone 1 recovery ...

Norry1

Legendary Member
Did the 12.20 race today - Volcano After Party.

Did okay, but couldn't stay with the winner up the Volcano climb. Did my second best time up the Volcano KOM.

upload_2019-2-10_17-34-18.png

Whorty

Did the 12.20 race today - Volcano After Party.

Did okay, but couldn't stay with the winner up the Volcano climb. Did my second best time up the Volcano KOM.

View attachment 451741
Well done Martin. You're becoming a formidable C rider now :okay:

My body wishes I'd have opted for a 1hr race today rather than a 3 hr ride :B)

Just made a curry, it's on the hob for a bit later. I've earned that today :gun:

Whorty

Just watched the rugby with a few beers. Must do a dry week now :smile:
First 60 mins was good .... dragged a bit after that. France were poor today, just didn't seem to want to put the tackles in and chase back. Great win. Need to do the Welsh next :biggrin:

mjd1988

Guru
Just noticed that there is a re-run of last week's Hare & Hounds at 6pm today. May be an opportunity to post a stage 1 time for our CC league if you haven't already. Or @berty bassett may like to ride it a third time? ;) I'm contemplating doing it myself, but think I'll do a workout if I do get the chance today

I don't know if the Sunday 6pm H&H is a regular event. If it is then the lineup would be:
Wednesday's - 17:30, 19:35
Thursday's - 00:25, 03:30, 18:00
Sunday's - 18:00

Ah I should have targeted this to post a time. Although i'm genuinely wrecked today after doing a mere 60km yesterday, well done @Whorty for doing 100! I really need to build up the endurance rides

Whorty

Ah I should have targeted this to post a time. Although i'm genuinely wrecked today after doing a mere 60km yesterday, well done @Whorty for doing 100! I really need to build up the endurance rides
Felt easier this week than last. I did quite a bit of it in the jungle, working hard up the climbs then resting a bit on the descents. I need to try and build up to 4 then 5 hours as I get closer to ToC in June.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I have been riding the Tour of Sufferlandria, 12 stages and some fitness/mental prep , over 8 days. I had targeted this rather than racing in Zwift because there’s a continual emphasis on pedal technique, leg muscle activation etc and at this stage of my recuperation ( have I told you about my knee? :biggrin:) I have to concentrate on rebuilding the lost muscle mass in my right leg as well as putting right the 62/38 power imbalance between my two legs. I have to unlearn the bad habits I got into to avoid discomfort and pain in my knee and that is mainly relearning how to push through the stroke rather than pull up.
I loved and hated the Tour but mostly loved it! There’s a pretty cool community around Sufferfest especially the Tour with a real mix of people, a lot of women, a fair percentage of triathletes and IM competitors. The knowledge base is great. Some are recovering from injury. One woman had a replacement knee 5 days before the tour started and so got a handbike to take part. Some are clearly a little bonkers but in a good way.
Anyway, i enjoyed the format, the videos and it was good to feel supported. Some f the humour of Sufferfest can be a bit grating but it comes from a good place so I can deal with it and it doesn’t get in the way. Some of it is side splitting hilarious and makes the efforts easier. I find TR too dry though the podcast is great. Sufferfest is a niche product but a pretty cool one and for me a good investment.I will certainly be using their training plans in preparation for ToC.

The knee? Nice of you to ask:biggrin:
It’s alright. I dialled down my ftp to make it easier to complete the workouts knowing this would be a significant training load for me, about 250km over the 8 days.The leg muscles though hurt :laugh: and I have restless legs.

Semi pro tip. If you shave your legs and use kinesiology tape don’t wait 5 days to remove it because you will be removing new grown hair. My Mammy rang from Clayton to say she could hear me crying:laugh:

Top Bottom