Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Lee is my inspiration (but don't tell him). Same height as me, not dissimilar ave watts to me (Weds race i averaged 246 and Lee was 244) yet he is way, way ahead of me on the bike. The major difference is weight. So to get further up the league I don't need to get fitter and create more power, I just need to lose the blubber. Not easy I know, but surely easier than creating an extra 200 watts of power :rofl:

Could (even if I manage it) take 2 years to get the weight anywhere near where it should be ... but I'm only 49 this year so I have a few years on Lee, Bob, Andy, martin and the other old gits on here :biggrin:

Very poor choice of inspiration :biggrin:

Putting aside his w/k his real strength is endurance and the ability to recover built up over lots of hours on the bike. Or he is just stubborn. Or obdurate. Or something...

berty bassett

Legendary Member

Putting aside his w/k his real strength is endurance and the ability to recover built up over lots of hours on the bike. Or he is just stubborn. Or obdurate. Or something...
Love you too x

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Possibly ... but no way I was going to say you :reading:

Perhaps I should have clarified it, as he's my inspiration over races up to 90 minutes on Zwift :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just done the, 60 mile Fondo on Zwift - wasn't intending to do the whole thing so had no food, and not enough water. So with about 15km to go I was dying on my feet but thought - well it's only 15km I'll just slog on to the end won't take long. However I didnt realise the last 9km were up the epic KOM climb - so obviously the pace dropped down considerably :cry:

The rest of the ride was hell xx(

Apart from the stupid lack of food (I'd skipped lunch too :headshake:) it has highlighted that although I'm OK for an hour's effort, I really need to build up my endurance before the DD and TOC later in the year as I don't want to feel anything like that again !

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Just done the, 60 mile Fondo on Zwift - wasn't intending to do the whole thing so had no food, and not enough water. So with about 15km to go I was dying on my feet but thought - well it's only 15km I'll just slog on to the end won't take long. However I didnt realise the last 9km were up the epic KOM climb - so obviously the pace dropped down considerably :cry:

The rest of the ride was hell xx(

Apart from the stupid lack of food (I'd skipped lunch too :headshake:) it has highlighted that although I'm OK for an hour's effort, I really need to build up my endurance before the DD and TOC later in the year as I don't want to feel anything like that again !
It’s a horrible feeling when you recognise part of a road that leads to hell when you weren’t expecting it ain’t it

bridgy

Legendary Member
It’s a horrible feeling when you recognise part of a road that leads to hell when you weren’t expecting it ain’t it
Yeah that horrible realisation that "only" 10 more minutes of agony is now going to be 40 minutes!

Top Bottom