Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I'm not doing anything fancy
I don't eat salad and not a big fan of veggies. All I've done is cut out cakes and biscuits and I watch portion sizes. No beer either, just a g&t if I fancy a drink. Doing this is not fast weight loss but it's about 1 kg every 2 weeks which is ok for me.
My problem is portion control :mrpig:. I am making them smaller, but I am nibbling between meals which isn't helping. Visits to the brothers, their wiives and my nieces isn't helping either, free access to snacks, all the nieces are 12 and under. I'm dropping weight but not as fast as I'd like :mrpig:.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ilkley beer festival for me today

Ilkley, you say?

Loved going to ilkley, cycling around as a kid, trying to get upto Cow n Calf on a single speed kids bike was a struggle. One of my old stomping grounds :smile:

Norry1

Legendary Member
My problem is portion control :mrpig:. I am making them smaller, but I am nibbling between meals which isn't helping. Visits to the brothers, their wiives and my nieces isn't helping either, free access to snacks, all the nieces are 12 and under. I'm dropping weight but not as fast as I'd like :mrpig:.

I found using MyFitnessPal was a great help, as well as going dry for a month. I also find doing a lot of (quick) walking burns weight off. I took a stone off in January, and the trick now is to keep it off. Ideally, I want to take a couple more pounds off just to make the w/kg maths easier - I'd be 75Kg then :smile:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Beer and snacks are my downfall. So I stopped buying them, and have a G & Slimline instead of beer. Along with better portion control and a few more harder efforts during the week should see me get back down to 65kg

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I found using MyFitnessPal was a great help, as well as going dry for a month. I also find doing a lot of (quick) walking burns weight off. :smile:
I enjoy walking. My ankles on the other hand :cursing:.

I have bad ankles that kick my arse if I do over 5000 steps in a day. It's always been that way and It feels like someone is sticking a knife through both ankles if I stay off my feet after a long day walking standing etc .

Cycling though is not a problem. No impact issues. Won't swim as I afraid of the local whaling community. :mrpig:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I found using MyFitnessPal was a great help, as well as going dry for a month. I also find doing a lot of (quick) walking burns weight off. I took a stone off in January, and the trick now is to keep it off. Ideally, I want to take a couple more pounds off just to make the w/kg maths easier - I'd be 75Kg then :smile:
Lee is my inspiration (but don't tell him). Same height as me, not dissimilar ave watts to me (Weds race i averaged 246 and Lee was 244) yet he is way, way ahead of me on the bike. The major difference is weight. So to get further up the league I don't need to get fitter and create more power, I just need to lose the blubber. Not easy I know, but surely easier than creating an extra 200 watts of power :rofl:

Could (even if I manage it) take 2 years to get the weight anywhere near where it should be ... but I'm only 49 this year so I have a few years on Lee, Bob, Andy, martin and the other old gits on here :biggrin:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'm giving up my Sunday morning Audax tomorrow to Join Andre Griepel in his fight for ALS ride (workout) at 9:00 ... I'd rather spend 60 minutes on Watopia Flat Reverse than the Greater London Flat for 100Km!! (Anyone wanting to make a donation can do so here) ... I will however, If I have the legs continue to ride around the various corses to make up the 100Km ... Watopia Hilly loop and possibly the Volcano KOM ... anyone wanting to have a gentle pootle is welcome to join me ... I'm not planning on anything more than 2 W/Kg except on the climbs and the sprints :boxing::boxing:

Whorty

Beer and snacks are my downfall. So I stopped buying them, and have a G & Slimline instead of beer. Along with better portion control and a few more harder efforts during the week should see me get back down to 65kg
Exactly what we're doing - we don't buy any snacks. If they're not in the house I can't eat them :okay: We allow ourselves a cheat day each week where I will pop down the local deli and get a slice of top notch cake. :hungry: No takeaways, like you I've cut out beer in the house and move to G&T. If friends come and visit though, and we go to local pub, I'll still have a beer (to be sociable, obviously :cheers: ).

I need to keep Bob off my wheel too as he gets his fitness back :tongue: Give him someone to chase :bicycle::bicycle:

Whorty

I'm giving up my Sunday morning Audax tomorrow to Join Andre Griepel in his fight for ALS ride (workout) at 9:00 ... I'd rather spend 60 minutes on Watopia Flat Reverse than the Greater London Flat for 100Km!! (Anyone wanting to make a donation can do so here) ... I will however, If I have the legs continue to ride around the various corses to make up the 100Km ... Watopia Hilly loop and possibly the Volcano KOM ... anyone wanting to have a gentle pootle is welcome to join me ... I'm not planning on anything more than 2 W/Kg except on the climbs and the sprints :boxing::boxing:
Probably a bit early for me. I may do another 100km too tomorrow but from about 11 through to 2, so I can shower etc ready for the England game at 3. Like you I'll be keeping watts under control as will be looking for distance rather than speed :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Sandbagger!
Get in B:okay:

Nope - ZP tells me I'm a C. Soon as it says B, I'll move up (gulp). If I do some shorter races it'll probably move me up.

upload_2019-2-9_13-44-14.png

Top Bottom