Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
couldn't get Zwift to work with watching, fortunately Steen had a live YouTube link. Very exciting as the B pack motored along sweeping up Bob (3) then Martin and Carl, but they upped their game and hung in for long time. Pete was catching all of you but road ran out . I think Carlos won with just 10 secs lead(unless he was lapped)

Excellent riding, a few names disappeared, so not sure if they dropped out Lars, Tommy?

Cyclechat all over the front page:okay:

View attachment 451133
The time that popped up on the screen when I finished was 58:58 Don't know how that relates to the time in ZP?

Really enjoyed that. I was on my @rse when B caught us. I put is everything I had left to climb out of tunnel and along Piccadilly. Heading down towards St James I was dead and assumed I'd lost the B's, but when we turned the corner they seemed to have slowed and Martin and I managed to latch back on. From then until I finally got dropped back around by Harrods I was holding on for dear life. I kept expecting the Bs to up the pace and pop me out but they didn't.

When I did finally go (and well done Martin for holding on longer) I was expecting a nice ride in, but I looked over my shoulder and Dean was closing me down. I wasn't sure how long I could push, but I kept going and in the end managed to hold him off. I think I was lucky that Dean had no one to work with otherwise I'd have been mince meat LOL

I bet Steen, Lee and Darren were surprised that us C's could hold on so long :biggrin: Was great to have 5 of us for a lap in that one group :hugs:

bobinski

Legendary Member
You did well Bob. That pace was high and you did your fair share of work. Just hope you wasn't pushing your knee too much?!?

Ta Carl,
I wanted to help at the front because a few would let it ease below 3w/k. You did your fair share of dragging them. Lungs and heart good and below max, knee fine but legs very tight and I have a nasty T of S session at 7am so decided to stop.
Really enjoyed it- weekly event I hope.

Whorty

Yep that got hard. Wasn't too hard staying in the front C blob, but when the B's went past I was blowing out my *rse keeping up. Lost contact with 2 miles to go and just pushed hard to ensure @Whorty didn't catch me back up :smile:

Good fun though. Well done to all CC'ers especially @Marino.g
You was safe from me :rofl: When I popped I needed a breather, that gave you 25 seconds lead - no way I was pulling that back over the last 2 miles :surrender: Cracking riding though. I wasn't expecting to hold on to the B's for so long. Chuffed :biggrin:

Whorty

Ta Carl,
I wanted to help at the front because a few would let it ease below 3w/k. You did your fair share of dragging them. Lungs and heart good and below max, knee fine but legs very tight and I have a nasty T of S session at 7am so decided to stop.
Really enjoyed it- weekly event I hope.
I felt strong early on so figured I'd give what I could. I paid for that in the end but hopefully it encouraged others to ride too so the group moved faster.

I was worried about you going to the front so often. You're clearly stronger than the others in that group when fit, but I was hoping you wasn't pushing your knee too hard. I kept wanting to tell you to get back and relax, but I know it's not your way :notworthy:

So love doing those rides and seeing fellow CCers around me ... gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling :rose:

Whorty

Also worth mentioning ...... twice this week I've weighed in at 81.8kg :wahhey: I've also weighed in at 82.2kg so I'll not be changing my weight in Zwift until I'm consistently showing 81.x on the scales. Hopefully Sunday, maybe later next week. This gives me hope I may get to 80 kg by the end of Feb :hyper:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
@Brusgaard - well done - couldn't keep up with the blue hat this time :thumbsup:

Thanks! The blue RwR cap isn't the prettiest cap in town, but that and my green bike makes it easy to spot my avatar in the bunch, which helps me.

I nearly lost the front group when the group upped the speed just after 5 km-to-go mark, or was it just me that felt like they upped the tempo?

I had to finish fast to go and get some food and dry clothes before a Bkool race/ride at 7 PM. :smile:

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
First league table....

It'll take shape after we do a few stages and more people complete their rides. Hopefully it's understandable - the different colours indicate the categories, the ZP times are shown as well as the times minus the handicaps (which are used for the running totals and ordering of the table). I've also added mini-leagues for the different categories (I may have a chance of winning something as long as ZP keeps me in A cat! :laugh:

Don't start changing cats or it'll screw up the spreadsheet! :wacko:

HH.png

bobinski

Legendary Member
First league table....

It'll take shape after we do a few stages and more people complete their rides. Hopefully it's understandable - the different colours indicate the categories, the ZP times are shown as well as the times minus the handicaps (which are used for the running totals and ordering of the table). I've also added mini-leagues for the different categories (I may have a chance of winning something as long as ZP keeps me in A cat! :laugh:

View attachment 451165

I do like a man who knows how to set out a spreadsheet :okay:

Whorty

Thanks! The blue RwR cap isn't the prettiest cap in town, but that and my green bike makes it easy to spot my avatar in the bunch, which helps me.

I nearly lost the front group when the group upped the speed just after 5 km-to-go mark, or was it just me that felt like they upped the tempo?

I had to finish fast to go and get some food and dry clothes before a Bkool race/ride at 7 PM. :smile:
I'd agree they upped the speed about then, as I was OK until that point, but was dropped not long afterwards. Not sure how you managed to race on Bkool after that though :notworthy:

Breedon

Legendary Member
First league table....

View attachment 451165
Thanks Peter, that would of taken me all day to do that and lots of swearing :laugh:

Marino.g

Veteran
First league table....

View attachment 451165
You just had to go and spoil my moment of glory didn't you.:laugh:
I would prefer to look at this one just a little longer if you don't mind:okay:
screenshot_20190206-185150_chrome-jpg.jpg

Whorty

First league table....

View attachment 451165
My Zwift finish time was 58:58, and I think Dean said his was 58:06 yet ZP time less handicap times are slightly different. I wonder if Dean's Zwift time was 56:06 but with sweat filled eyes he miss-read the time :biggrin: That would make more sense :okay: This would then suggest that the Zwift finish time will show about 15 (ish) seconds faster than ZP time minus handicap. Similar to what we were seeing on TdZ.

Some good targets there for the riders tomorrow to chase :okay: We had some good groups to work with .... let's hope they have similar tomorrow :thumbsup:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I'd agree they upped the speed about then, as I was OK until that point, but was dropped not long afterwards. Not sure how you managed to race on Bkool after that though :notworthy:

Well, it wasn't a race per se. But the chance of winning 2 entries for the Danish ride "Haervejsloebet" made me ride it.

Being on the Direto, I wouldn't stand a chance against the Bkool Pros anyway and as I joined 2 minutes after race start, I was already way behind the fast guys.
But I managed to catch a few Amateur and Active riders and end 36th overall, which was OK, all things considered...

Last edited:
Top Bottom