Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Yes, I’m going Gothenburg to Copenhagen over 3 days as an event before an industry conference in Copenhagen afterwards. There isn’t much climbing but will be approx 160km a day
There's a good bump right next to Båstad (Sweden), "Hallandsåsen". We some times go there to ski (https://www.vallasen.se/), only 45 min from Copenhagen.
Are you going via Helsingborg - Helsingør (ferry) or via the Øresund bridge (train or car/bus). I hope you're going via Helsingør where you will start right next to the "Shakespeare castle" and go via the "beach road" (also sometimes referred to as "the danish reviera") to Copenhagen,

peterob

Veteran
Good luck everyone doing the the Hare and Hounds this evening, sounds like there'll be a big contingent from here, should be really interesting to see how it pans out.
Cheers :okay:

I just checked in ZP and there's 8 of us signed up so far for the 5:30 tonight. 5 in B plus me in A, Bob in C and Ben in D.

I can't say I'm looking forward to it....there's only 3 others signed up in A and I can see myself getting dropped and riding 25 miles on my own :laugh:. Two of those are 60Kg (:wacko: ) so with it being a flat course hopefully I'll be able to stay with them for a while at least.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Carl, I will struggle to stay with you but don’t be surprised if I try and hang on and don’t take a turn:okay:
Damn ... I was going to hang off your wheel until I popped :okay: Serious question ... if you do drop off the blob, do you want me to ride with you? I'm more than happy to just so long as you plan to finish the ride. We'll be faster together and may still be able to hold off those pesky B's :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Cheers :okay:

I just checked in ZP and there's 8 of us signed up so far for the 5:30 tonight. 5 in B plus me in A, Bob in C and Ben in D.

I can't say I'm looking forward to it....there's only 3 others signed up in A and I can see myself getting dropped and riding 25 miles on my own :laugh:. Two of those are 60Kg (:wacko: ) so with it being a flat course hopefully I'll be able to stay with them for a while at least.
Thanks for reminding me ... had forgotten to sign up. I'm in C now :okay:

B is looking strong :cry:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Spot on with regards the high intensity efforts needed in races - watch out for the short, sharp hills!

Hare & Hounds races are good ones to get started in though, because there's a bit of an incentive for everyone to stay in a big group within your Cat for as long as possible to maximise drafting and overall speed, so they tend to have fewer mad scrambles to split the pack by the strongest riders every time there's a hill - still happens a bit though, particularly towards the end

I don’t know if I’m really qualified to be in the b cat at the moment to be honest but I’d rather ride in a group that is too fast for me and try and grow into it.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I don’t know if I’m really qualified to be in the b cat at the moment to be honest but I’d rather ride in a group that is too fast for me and try and grow into it.
I'm sure B will be right for you - Cat C would be if you averaged less than 253 watts so you should be comfortably in Cat B, even if it doesn't feel very comfortable!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm sure B will be right for you - Cat C would be if you averaged less than 253 watts so you should be comfortably in Cat B, even if it doesn't feel very comfortable!

It sort of goes back to what I was saying previously. Sustaining power and cardio fitness can’t really be used as a reliable measuring stick in isolation from each other. It’s one of a few reasons I think the system of deciding catergories is flawed.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Thanks for reminding me ... had forgotten to sign up. I'm in C now :okay:

B is looking strong :cry:
Yeah but look at A :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
hmmmm, there are a lot of riders signed up for this now. Never done one before - be interesting to see if cat groups work together, or if riders still shoot off the front and don't help their 'team' mates.

Trust me they dont really, red mist of racing. Usual tactics hell for leather, find a group you can stay with

bobinski

Legendary Member
Damn ... I was going to hang off your wheel until I popped :okay: Serious question ... if you do drop off the blob, do you want me to ride with you? I'm more than happy to just so long as you plan to finish the ride. We'll be faster together and may still be able to hold off those pesky B's :biggrin:

Ta Carl but not sure I will last and don’t want to hold you back. I hate this course too!

Top Bottom