Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yes I see what you mean. What I meant was that I can maintain, or should I say I am confident I can maintain over 300w for 20 mins at present.

It highlights how little stock (and knowledge :shy: ) I put into ftp tests to be honest.
Which was my original point.

<Tommy>

So your FTP is less than 285 currently. Given you don't seem to be riding much its still good for your weight. We wont mention age:whistle:

There are people much lighter than me with much higher ftp. They are often older too!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Don't worry Bob, I'll look after you :okay:

p.s. If I get dropped from the C group it will only because i expended all my energy protecting Bob and his one good working leg :whistle:

Carl, I will struggle to stay with you but don’t be surprised if I try and hang on and don’t take a turn:okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yes I see what you mean. What I meant was that I can maintain, or should I say I am confident I can maintain over 300w for 20 mins at present.

It highlights how little stock (and knowledge :shy: ) I put into ftp tests to be honest.
Which was my original point.
Your FTP is probably very similar to mine - ZP shows my best 20 min power (on the Neo) is at or around 300w - best 309w. Zwift races still take a bit of getting used to though, in terms of making best use of that power to finish in the best position/best time possible - I'm still learning!

<Tommy>

Your FTP is probably very similar to mine - ZP shows my best 20 min power (on the Neo) is at or around 300w - best 309w. Zwift races still take a bit of getting used to though, in terms of making best use of that power to finish in the best position/best time possible - I'm still learning!

I think so. For me it’s not so much sustaining power, which is of course important. But more about the big effort and then quick recovery you need, to sustain position in races. That level of cardio fitness isn’t there for me at the mo. I think it drops off way faster than power numbers do. For example last summer going up alpe d’huez with lee I sustained over 280 watts for over an hour. And that was after nearly 5 weeks on holiday with zero cycling. drinking and eating as you do on holiday. But that is steady consistent power. If I’d of been forced to put in short high tempo blasts I would of died on my arse!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I think so. For me it’s not so much sustaining power, which is of course important. But more about the big effort and then quick recovery you need, to sustain position in races. That level of cardio fitness isn’t there for me at the mo. I think it drops off way faster than power numbers do. For example last summer going up alpe d’huez with lee I sustained over 280 watts for over an hour. And that was after nearly 5 weeks on holiday with zero cycling. drinking and eating as you do on holiday. But that is steady consistent power. If I’d of been forced to put in short high tempo blasts I would of died on my arse!

Vo2 max does drop off quickly, more so as you get older! I managed 284W for bang on an hour up the Alpe in TDZ, which is in the region of what TR has my ftp @302. Im hoping to peak the power for spring time with Vo2 workouts and racing

bridgy

Legendary Member
Spot on with regards the high intensity efforts needed in races - watch out for the short, sharp hills!

Hare & Hounds races are good ones to get started in though, because there's a bit of an incentive for everyone to stay in a big group within your Cat for as long as possible to maximise drafting and overall speed, so they tend to have fewer mad scrambles to split the pack by the strongest riders every time there's a hill - still happens a bit though, particularly towards the end

Hello,

It is with frustration and slight disbelief that I am having to contact you with a further delay to the dispatch of your order for the Tacx Neo Bike Smart Indoor Trainer.

Unfortunately, it would appear that even the Tacx brand manager is unable to provide us with solid information and we have now found out that they are still not ready to ship any Neo Bikes and will not be ready until mid/late March 2019 with the current estimated dispatch date being around the 22nd or March 2019.

We are at a loss to understand why it is so difficult for Tacx or the UK supplier to just provide an honest update so once again find ourselves in the situation where we are passing on to you a date that we cannot guarantee will be met.

As I also have a Neo Bike on order I completely understand the frustration and annoyance caused by these continued delays and unmet dates so can only apologise for this.

Of course, should anything change or anyone from either Tacx or the UK supplier come up with any guaranteed shipping dates we will let you know.

Many Thanks
Just sit by the phone . You just know they'll call. You know it!!They have to!! Oh come on calll!!!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yes, I’m going Gothenburg to Copenhagen over 3 days as an event before an industry conference in Copenhagen afterwards. There isn’t much climbing but will be approx 160km a day
That'll be a nice ride. Been through that way on a Motorbike a couple of times. It's not a flat as it looks :bicycle:

mjd1988

Guru
Good luck everyone doing the the Hare and Hounds this evening, sounds like there'll be a big contingent from here, should be really interesting to see how it pans out.

Top Bottom