Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Wish I could join you guys doing the Hare & Hounds at 5.30 tonight, but i'm on football-Dad duties tonight. I'll hopefully be able to do the 6pm event tomorrow instead. Good luck all - especially @TurboTommy - hope you make it more than 9 miles this time....:whistle:

Well... ^_^... :reading:... one can only hope!

I think it’s just going to be a few weeks to get used to asking so much more of my cardio than I have been. I don’t put much stock into ftp tests for that reason. My ftp is over 300 at the moment but it doesn’t really allow you to form an idea of overall condition. But it’ll come :smile:

I will try and join you all at 5-30 though I will be riding in C. A bit figured in the legs from the Tour of Sufferlandria though so even Tommy should catch me if he lasts the distance...

So cycling has made you tired eh?... wonder if that excuse will catch on... :rolleyes:

<Tommy>

Have Tacx come upon the similar issues that plagued Wattbike Atom, gear shifting simulation?

No I think they are having problems in production not functionality.

bobinski

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="TurboTommy, post: 5526904, member: 46579"

So cycling has made you tired eh?... wonder if that excuse will catch on... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:
You will know, as someone on “the long road back” to from...? , sorry, to fitness that training load brings muscle fatigue which is not the same thing as being tired :tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Are you Cat B as allocated by ZP Bob? Only asking as I'm not sure if the H&H races enforce the category rules like many races now, so if you race in a Cat lower than your assigned one it might DQ your results on ZP. Obviously it does make complete sense for you to go down a cat bearing in mind your recovery from the knee op, but just thinking it might be worth noting or screenshotting your finish time as it may not show on the ZP results to refer back to for our league if they DQ you?

Good point Paul. I will go and ask on FB - it may be my ZP cat B has lapsed anyway. Best check!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I don't know about "keep" speed and power - in my experience as soon as there's an incline the strongest riders massively increase the speed and power and this is why the groups always thin out at these points
Ah, that would be my problem then :rofl:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I will try and join you all at 5-30 though I will be riding in C. A bit figured in the legs from the Tour of Sufferlandria though so even Tommy should catch me if he lasts the distance...
Don't worry Bob, I'll look after you :okay:

p.s. If I get dropped from the C group it will only because i expended all my energy protecting Bob and his one good working leg :whistle:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well... ^_^... :reading:... one can only hope!

I think it’s just going to be a few weeks to get used to asking so much more of my cardio than I have been. I don’t put much stock into ftp tests for that reason. My ftp is over 300 at the moment but it doesn’t really allow you to form an idea of overall condition. But it’ll come :smile:

So cycling has made you tired eh?... wonder if that excuse will catch on... :rolleyes:
Have you done an FTP test on the Neo on Zwift yet?

<Tommy>

[QUOTE="TurboTommy, post: 5526904, member: 46579"

:laugh:
You will know, as someone on “the long road back” to from...? , sorry, to fitness that training load brings muscle fatigue which is not the same thing as being tired :tongue:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I mean I’m sure they’re two different chapters! ^_^

<Tommy>

No I think you guys are reading what I said wrong. I did 44 minutes at 285w. How does that mean my ftp is lower than 285 for 20mins?

I would go in the basis that I can put out more power over a shorter time and the fact I wasn’t trying to go at max power to suggest my ftp would be over 300 for 20 mins

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
No I think you guys are reading what I said wrong. I did 44 minutes at 285w. How does that mean my ftp is lower than 285 for 20mins?
I might well be reading your post wrong - sorry if so!

Your FTP is what you can maintain for an hour, so if your FTP is 300w you should be able to maintain at least 300w - possibly a bit more - for only 45 minutes, right?

Also, I read your post as saying you did 285w for 45 mins, so should be able to do 300w for 20 mins (probably correct), and was just pointing out that if you did do 300w for 20 mins that wouldn't mean your FTP was 300w because you take only 95% of your actual watts for 20 mins to get your FTP (because FTP is for an hour). This is where I may have misunderstood you though?

peterob

Veteran
FTP is the the power you can sustain for 1 hour. Riding max for one hour is a real biatch, so most tests have you ride max for 20 mins and the ftp is calculated as 95% of that.

If you rode 45 mins at 285W then your ftp will be close to that (but probably a little less).

See you on the start line tonight Tommy - if not during the race! :laugh:

Top Bottom