Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
Sadly, I won't be racing this week or next week. I'm hopeful to return to racing on the 18th.

In the mean time, I'm just tooling around. An hour at about a 50% effort today, just enough to sweat a little near the end. Just starting to explore the NYC world a bit, amazingly I'd only ridden the park loop until today. The NYC climb is horrible if you're trying to keep wattage and HR down at "not even sweating" levels. I'll be looking for y'all when I'm on, but obviously won't be making efforts to keep up. Thanks for all the ride-ons.

Jeff

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The NYC climb is horrible if you're trying to keep wattage and HR down at "not even sweating" levels

Jeff, drop your realism level to zero or 10% so then its you who dictates the effort level, not the hill- a bit like ERG mode

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
it says the route is flat - so should be perfect to tuck in behind someone and hang on for dear life Carl - think thats what i will be trying -- again
It's flat with the odd +% drag. This is where stronger riders will keep speed and power on and drop me, especially later in the ride. Coming up through piccadilly tunnel is somewhere I'm always spat out!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Thanks @peterob for your work on the spreadsheet, it was a great motivator

Unfortuantly I will be unable to do the Hare & Hound races as the latest race is 7.35pm which just a little early for me get back from work and help get the little ones to bed. Such a shame their isn’t an 8 or 8.30 running.

Tempted to do a build me 8 week block on TR to build up for a 3 day tour in June in Scandinavia
Your'e going biking in Scandinavia?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Hello,

It is with frustration and slight disbelief that I am having to contact you with a further delay to the dispatch of your order for the Tacx Neo Bike Smart Indoor Trainer.

Unfortunately, it would appear that even the Tacx brand manager is unable to provide us with solid information and we have now found out that they are still not ready to ship any Neo Bikes and will not be ready until mid/late March 2019 with the current estimated dispatch date being around the 22nd or March 2019.

We are at a loss to understand why it is so difficult for Tacx or the UK supplier to just provide an honest update so once again find ourselves in the situation where we are passing on to you a date that we cannot guarantee will be met.

As I also have a Neo Bike on order I completely understand the frustration and annoyance caused by these continued delays and unmet dates so can only apologise for this.

Of course, should anything change or anyone from either Tacx or the UK supplier come up with any guaranteed shipping dates we will let you know.

Many Thanks

bridgy

Legendary Member
It's flat with the odd +% drag. This is where stronger riders will keep speed and power on and drop me, especially later in the ride. Coming up through piccadilly tunnel is somewhere I'm always spat out!
I don't know about "keep" speed and power - in my experience as soon as there's an incline the strongest riders massively increase the speed and power and this is why the groups always thin out at these points

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I don't know about "keep" speed and power - in my experience as soon as there's an incline the strongest riders massively increase the speed and power and this is why the groups always thin out at these points

I tend to find the ramps extremely tough to hold a fast pack, sometimes having to use 175-200% of ftp for 30-60secs. That just shoves me into the red and though I can recover, its not fast enough with a fast pack

bridgy

Legendary Member
I will try and join you all at 5-30 though I will be riding in C. A bit figured in the legs from the Tour of Sufferlandria though so even Tommy should catch me if he lasts the distance...
Are you Cat B as allocated by ZP Bob? Only asking as I'm not sure if the H&H races enforce the category rules like many races now, so if you race in a Cat lower than your assigned one it might DQ your results on ZP. Obviously it does make complete sense for you to go down a cat bearing in mind your recovery from the knee op, but just thinking it might be worth noting or screenshotting your finish time as it may not show on the ZP results to refer back to for our league if they DQ you?

Top Bottom