Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Here's another thought - looking at the upcoming events on zwiftpower there's a number of different races taking place at different times and days over the same route. E.g. there's a race on Greater London flat 41km on Wednesday at 10.30am, 17.30, 19.30 and 20.00; and again on Thursday at 18.00 (and possibly Friday but not all the races are up for Friday yet). Some of these are the Hare & Hound races actually.

So we could in theory, select a route like this for the week, and everyone in the league needs to set a time for any race over that route at some time during the week on the day & time most convenient for them. We then run a league over 8 weeks or something. Obviously some versions of the races may be quicker than others but that will come down to tactical choice and a bit of luck of the draw - same as TDZ really.

Would that work do you think?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Here's another thought - looking at the upcoming events on zwiftpower there's a number of different races taking place at different times and days over the same route. E.g. there's a race on Greater London flat 41km on Wednesday at 10.30am, 17.30, 19.30 and 20.00; and again on Thursday at 18.00 (and possibly Friday but not all the races are up for Friday yet). Some of these are the Hare & Hound races actually.

So we could in theory, select a route like this for the week, and everyone in the league needs to set a time for any race over that route at some time during the week on the day & time most convenient for them. We then run a league over 8 weeks or something. Obviously some versions of the races may be quicker than others but that will come down to tactical choice and a bit of luck of the draw - same as TDZ really.

I like that idea as well :smile:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

This suits me as I see you guys have been racing at 5 and 6 but for me I doubt I can get on before 8 most nights. But maybe on the weekend we can find a race time that means we can try to all race at the same time.

JuhaL

Guru
Snow is wonderful thing in a certain point but here we have a situation that i am full of it :cursing: . But staying in a subject Zwift is wonderful thing :smooch:

mjd1988

Guru

Up for this, good idea

bobinski

Legendary Member
There may be an announcement shortly about the ability to organise group or closed races.
But to do this we all need to try and find days in the week and times we can race and then do rerruns. Fortunately the group is getting big enough to accommodate a few people missing and we may be able to entice AAAC and Bill and Randy. And the curmudgeonly geezer from Scotland ...

JuhaL

Guru

Not bad idea at all :thumbsup:

bridgy

Legendary Member
There may be an announcement shortly about the ability to organise group or closed races.
But to do this we all need to try and find days in the week and times we can race and then do rerruns. Fortunately the group is getting big enough to accommodate a few people missing and we may be able to entice AAAC and Bill and Randy. And the curmudgeonly geezer from Scotland ...
Well this would obviously be ideal - but until it happens and we know the details ( the devil might be in the detail!) we'll have to bodge something in the meantime. And now's a good time before the weather warms up and we all start venturing outside again!

Great as the TDZ was, it was a bit relentless with 2 -3 races per week. If we go for one per week (with multiple day/start time options) it will enable people to also do other types of rides in the week - workouts or easier group rides etc.

Nebulous

Guru
Stage 3 done - 1:08:51 I think I'm beginning to get more idea on how to use the dumb turbo. First time I did it on the Alpe I picked a high gear, and tried to maintain a cadence of 90 all the way through. It was very hard going. Now I've come to the conclusion a cadence of mid - 70s with an even higher gear works better. It allows me to change pace more readily as well. I don't always notice I'm going downhill and can shoot right through the group and out the front.

I had a really good group there, working well together, for possibly the first time. Going through London felt good. I stupidly lost them just before Keith Hill. I tried to take a breather down an escalator and when we reached the bottom they were gone and I couldn't close the gap. I ground my way up the hill after a fashion, with a few people to help. Every day's a school day, as the saying goes.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just a thought.... we could do the Hare and Hounds races. We all start in our own groups but they are time handicapped, so it is possible for someone in D Group to win the overall race.

I've done a couple of these now and it is quite good chasing down the Group ahead and watching out for the Faster Groups catching you.
Depending on time I'd be up for this. I'm in full focus training for ToC now, including removing this stubborn fat, but would be up for a race or 2 each week :okay:

JuhaL

Guru
I don't mind if there is handicap or not. I also like to give credits those riders who are fastest without handicaps. Credits to them who deserve it but anything goes.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Decided not to re-run any of the TdZ stages today as I'd done them all once in a healthy state. I went for distance/time instead, riding 25 laps of the Volcano which equates to 104km. I actually stayed on for a few more km to take my time over 3 hours :sweat: A smidge tired now, but that burnt about 2000 calories so a good session.

I need to sleep now :B)

JuhaL

Guru
Decided not to re-run any of the TdZ stages today as I'd done them all once in a healthy state. I went for distance/time instead, riding 25 laps of the Volcano which equates to 104km. I actually stayed on for a few more km to take my time over 3 hours :sweat: A smidge tired now, but that burnt about 2000 calories so a good session.

I need to sleep now :B)
Okay goodnight then. I take whiskey and ice cream.

Top Bottom