Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Where's the "NOT Like" button??? Going to the movies in an hour, and then you throw this at me? Shame on you! :biggrin:

Is it because Lee jumped to 3rd? :smile:

Due to the combination of being ill and busy it looks like I’ve missed all the TDZ fun in January. I’m back training, albeit got some work to do but I will try and look in more often and join in the fun.

Quick question - thinking of buying some pedal power meters for the road bike, anyone running any that they would recommend.
I have p1s and they have been great. They have come down quite a bit in price now the p2 are out.

Was going to have another bash at stage 1 this morning but my group were going out in RW so went with them. Have to leave that league where it is for now.

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Is it because Lee jumped to 3rd? :smile:

I told him to go slow, and he just doesn't seem to listen or care! :smile:

If I just redo stage 6 in less than an hour tomorrow, all will be good. Unfortunately, we don't start right at the bottom of the Alpe, like on Bkool, so that is out of the question!

Will do the DBR race instead as it is the nice fast and flat NYC Astoria Line 8. :smile: Feel free to join me at 6.15 PM.

Last edited:

Monte

Über Member
I've managed to stir from my pit, so have updated the TdZ spreadsheet with the rides from the latter part of yesterday and today.....

@berty bassett - a good couple of rides this weekend, but it looks like a super-human effort on your final stage will be required to topple @bridgy from top spot. By my calculations, I reckon a time of 58:35 will be needed, and although a course to suit your talents, the combined efforts of back-to-back stages and depleted fields may count against you. However the undying support of North-Leicestershire is behind you, so you may just pull it off :cycle:

View attachment 450434

Gutted to have missed this - reminds me of the old bkool days.

peterob

Veteran
Gutted to have missed this - reminds me of the old bkool days.
I do miss the 'closed' races of the old Bkool days (particularly the handicap races which were great fun - anyone could win and alliances needed to be made :smile:). But making the TdZ into a cyclechat 'league' has been good 'fun' too, albeit hard work with 2 rides (cough races) a week :training:.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Its been great fun (often type 2 fun!) having the league table so big thanks to @peterob for managing it. So many close battles right throughout the table.

It would be great if we can do some kind of regular race league like in the bkool days using this kind of format. Obviously the great thing about the TDZ has been the multiple day and time slots to complete each stage, allowing everyone to ride each stage at a convenient time - and even then most of us have needed to make use of the catch up days! So maybe we'll have to wait until the next tour series, or until zwift finally allows us to organise private races?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just a thought.... we could do the Hare and Hounds races. We all start in our own groups but they are time handicapped, so it is possible for someone in D Group to win the overall race.

I've done a couple of these now and it is quite good chasing down the Group ahead and watching out for the Faster Groups catching you.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just a thought.... we could do the Hare and Hounds races. We all start in our own groups but they are time handicapped, so it is possible for someone in D Group to win the overall race.

I've done a couple of these now and it is quite good chasing down the Group ahead and watching out for the Faster Groups catching you.

I do like hare and hound races. Im officially C cat, but UP cat will give riders sometimes a chance to go faster at the risk of being dropped or blowing up. Could be interesting if enough of us come together

Top Bottom