Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Who's up for one of the ZHR Hare & Hounds races this week? It's the Greater London Flat route (41km), and there's plenty of opportunities to do it at different time slots on Wednesday and Thursday.

Wed 6th: (UK times) 10.35; 17.30; 19.35
Thurs 7th: (UK times) 18.00

Post your results here - both handicapped time, which is what shows on ZP, and actual time (ZP time minus the handicap for your category), and we can potentially make it the start of some kind of league?
I'd normally be able to do one of those slots most weeks.

I'm happy to maintain a spreadsheet again. Was everyone happy with the format (being given the max completed time if you miss a stage etc)?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
That would be brilliant
A real motivator

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'd normally be able to do one of those slots most weeks.

I'm happy to maintain a spreadsheet again. Was everyone happy with the format (being given the max completed time if you miss a stage etc)?
Thanks Pete - yeah that would be great if you could, and I think the spreadsheet you did for the TDZ was perfect. Maybe we run the new league over 8 stages?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I don't want to complicate it too much for you @peterob but doing the Hare & Hounds races does give us the opportunity to split results between Cats A-D as well as overall times if we wanted. We need to have a think how best to record results - i.e "real" times excluding the handicap, or handicapped times as per Zwiftpower results.

My preference - I think - would be to record "real" times excluding the handicaps, but maybe highlight each rider's category so we could have an overall winner and also see different category winners? Happy to go with the flow if others disagree or have a better suggestion though.

peterob

Veteran
I don't want to complicate it too much for you @peterob but doing the Hare & Hounds races does give us the opportunity to split results between Cats A-D as well as overall times if we wanted. We need to have a think how best to record results - i.e "real" times excluding the handicap, or handicapped times as per Zwiftpower results.

My preference - I think - would be to record "real" times excluding the handicaps, but maybe highlight each rider's category so we could have an overall winner and also see different category winners? Happy to go with the flow if others disagree or have a better suggestion though.
No probs. I've not done a H&H race before, so after the first week of results I'll have a better idea of the different times (handicapped/non-handicapped) and peoples categories and will put something together that's (hopefully) appropriate then :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
No probs. I've not done a H&H race before, so after the first week of results I'll have a better idea of the different times (handicapped/non-handicapped) and peoples categories and will put something together that's (hopefully) appropriate then :okay:
In essence, Cat D riders set off first, followed 7 minutes later by Cat C, 10 minutes later by Cat B, and 12 minutes later by Cat A - the idea being to stay ahead of the category chasing you and/or catch the category ahead. Positions and times are listed on ZP including the handicap, so Cat D's will have their actual time listed, while Cat C's times will show as their real time + 7 minutes, and Cat B their real time + 10 minutes etc. These start time gaps can be slightly different for different courses. The trick is to try and stay as near the front - and in the fastest group you can- in your category, and if caught by a faster category to latch on to their draft if you can.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I'm personally not bothered about keeping ZP categories in our league. I'd rather we all race as equals, that way we have a league of 20 rather than 4 leagues of 5.

JLaw

Veteran
Due to the combination of being ill and busy it looks like I’ve missed all the TDZ fun in January. I’m back training, albeit got some work to do but I will try and look in more often and join in the fun.

Quick question - thinking of buying some pedal power meters for the road bike, anyone running any that they would recommend.
Happy with my assioma duo.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
In essence, Cat D riders set off first, followed 7 minutes later by Cat C, 10 minutes later by Cat B, and 12 minutes later by Cat A - the idea being to stay ahead of the category chasing you and/or catch the category ahead. Positions and times are listed on ZP including the handicap, so Cat D's will have their actual time listed, while Cat C's times will show as their real time + 7 minutes, and Cat B their real time + 10 minutes etc. These start time gaps can be slightly different for different courses. The trick is to try and stay as near the front - and in the fastest group you can- in your category, and if caught by a faster category to latch on to their draft if you can.
Don’t forget your cat A sonny ^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm personally not bothered about keeping ZP categories in our league. I'd rather we all race as equals, that way we have a league of 20 rather than 4 leagues of 5.

No I thinks its a good idea, so that anyone can win an event, not just place. Also there is inter category pride aswell :biggrin:

Top Bottom